Optimize the experience of using Infuse with AliyunDrive

I appreciate Infuse for supporting AliyunDrive. However, the scraping of data is too slow. It often takes a long time for newly added movies to appear, and the access to file loading speed is also slow, which seriously affects the experience of Chinese users. Compared to this, Vidhub has a faster speed. If AliyunDrive is not optimized, I believe many people will give up on it.

3 Likes

Can you provide a bit more info on the issues you are running into here?

Is this library scanning, opening a folder, starting playback?

If youā€™re able to replicate the issue you are seeing and send in a diagnostic report (and post the code here) it may be helpful in seeing what is going on.

You may also try running a speed test in Infuse.

1 Like

We have some optimizations in this area in progress, and plan to have these available soon.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I almost donā€™t use vidhub after buying infuse. The posters and streaming media of nfuse are very good. I hope to improve the search speed, but I think the posters and streaming media of infuse are better. Come on, donā€™t sacrifice the posters for the sake of changing the speed of scanning the database. In the backend, I personally feel that infuseā€™s backend is more attentive and must be unique to infuse.

Hello, James, Aliyun needs to scan the media library for a long time before it can be displayed on the front page every time a new movie is added. This experience is too bad. The 40T storage space scanning is very slow. Can there be a better way to quickly display the new movie for play?

1 Like

We have identified some improvements that will help with this, and are currently planning to include these in the upcoming 7.7.1 release.

You can follow this thread for updates.

Infuse 7.71 beta version, Aliyundrive data scraping is still very slow, added movies, have to wait a long time before they appear.

Weā€™ve had very positive feedback from other Aliyun Drive users on the change, so this is interesting.

Can you describe what you are seeing and also send in a report from your device (and post the code here)?

Indeed, the scraping time for aliyundrive has seen some improvements, however, whatā€™s bothering me is that the ā€œFetching up next listā€ step is consuming a considerable amount of time.

Iā€™ve found a similar description on the forum https://community.firecore.com/t/fetching-up-next-list/20502

Iā€™ve sent the logs and emails, hoping they may be of some assistance to you.

Hi, James, I donā€™t know how to publish the code, Iā€™m very sorry. Let me describe the issue I encountered. When I add new movies to Aliyundrive, the refresh function on the homepage of Infuse often fails to work. I have to keep refreshing in the media library for a long time to see the new movies. Sometimes it keeps showing ā€œfetching next rowā€ (which really affects the user experience because the space provided by Aliyundrive is limited, and Chinese users typically watch the movies as soon as they store them). Another issue is that Infuse can display a jpg format image in movies, but not in TV shows, which is quite strange. Finally, thank you very much for creating this software, it has a very nice design and animations. Although other software may have faster scraping speeds, I still love it. I hope you can optimize it to be more perfect, so that excellent movies can stay in our minds.

Thanks for the info. This is very helpful.

We have uncovered a separate issue with updating the ā€˜Up Next Listā€™ in some cases, and will likely have a fix for this in the 7.7.2 update.

Todayā€™s 7.7.1 update adds a number of improvement which will help speed library scanning when using cloud services like Aliyun Drive.

Weā€™re also continuing to look into a few cases with issues related to fetching the ā€˜Up Next Listā€™ and improvements for this will be available soon.

These should appear after a moment when opening the details page.

Iā€™ve been longing for this update since itā€™s announced. Sadly I canā€™t find any improvements on speed in scanning/opening AliyunDrive on my devicesā€¦ Itā€™s still very very slow comparing with VidHub. It takes about 2 minutes to open Aliyundrive in the ā€˜filesā€™ tab of infuse while only 2 seconds in VidHub.

Very interesting result when I am ā€˜Testing Streaming Speedsā€™ on ā€˜Add Filesā€™ section, it can open folders in Aliyundrive instantly. However opening favourite folders in ā€˜Filesā€™ tab is slow as usual.

This is helpful to know.

There is a change we are considering that could help with this specific issue.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to add that taking a long time to fetch the next list isnā€™t a problem unique to aliyundrive. The emby Iā€™ve used seems to have a similar issue as well.

So, should a global optimization be pursued?

Thatā€™s what the new direct mode is addressing along with the list of enhancements that are planed for that in the near future. If you have problems with Emby maybe you could voice that concern in those threads since this suggestion thread is targeting specifically Aliyun Drive and probably shouldnā€™t be derailed with other problems.

I agree with your viewpoint, there should be a separation between various things.

I just feel that the underlying logic in handling the operation of fetching the next list in ā€˜infuseā€™ might be consistent. If my guess is correct, optimizing the method for ā€˜aliyundriveā€™ could also be applied to other service providers.

For those beta testing, todayā€™s beta has changes aimed at resolving issues where Infuse may get stuck in a ā€˜Fetching Up Next Listā€¦ā€™ status.