Black screen with DoVi P8 on Apple TV 4k 2022

thanks @james. have we checked on it?

You want him working weekends? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oops my bad, not my intention… take your time :grin:

1 Like

still not resolved as of this moment. oh well :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You want him working summer months, now, too? :grimacing::speak_no_evil::zipper_mouth_face:

Still unable to watch DV on my 9th gen iPad, but didn’t realize this issue is still affecting you on your AppleTV. Hopefully it just got lost in the noise and your very patient 2nd bump is enough to get Firecore to take another look. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Apple is adding official support for Profile 8 in tvOS 17 and we are working to integrate these new features.

This may help resolve some issues like this, and we’ll evaluate any remaining issues after this transition is complete.

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’ve been encountering a peculiar issue with Infuse while trying to play DV (Dolby Vision) files on my LG 4K TV through Apple TV 4K (2022). When attempting to play these files, Infuse displays a blank screen, but I can see the video preview when I scrub through the timeline.

I’m hoping someone in this forum might have some suggestions or solutions to help resolve this problem. Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

LG TV: 4K
Apple TV: 4K (2022)

Thank you in advance!

What version of Infuse are you running.
Does this happen with ALL Dolby Vision files?

I am running the latest version (7.5.9 in Appstore). It happened with at least two files as of now.

Contagion (2011) [2160p] [WEBRip] [x265] [10bit] [5.1] [YTS.MX]
The Three Musketeers DArtagnan (2023) [2160p] [4K] [WEB] [5.1] [YTS.MX]

P.S. I have tried switching the Extended Dolby Vision settings, but no use.

Thank you!

Ok thanks and would you know if the files are Dolby Vision Profile 5 or Profile 8?
I have had this same issue in the past but it long since stopped. I no longer have any Profile 5 DV files at all but can grab a couple of them to see if I can replicate the issue, if it would help?

Thanks for the response :slight_smile: I am not sure how to get that info, but this is the info from VLC media info. Hope this helps.

This will me more optimal

When you install it and open one of those files it will offer different views. Select View > Text
Post the results here.

Video info.txt (4.5 KB)

Thank you!, I have attached the video info in a text file. Please check.

The text indicates Profile 8 but it (and VLC) also indicates color primaries of BT.709 which is only SDR.

Any solution for me…?

Not really.
I’d perhaps try finding a better encoded source?

1 Like

We’re working on a number of improvements for Dolby Vision for tvOS 17, and plan to have more news soon.

@sudhakarl With regard to this specific sample, it appears to be tagged as Dolby Vision, but was encoded with BT.709 (SDR) colors. We have one other similar report here (with a sample file) we plan to look into, but having this combination may provide unexpected results.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: iPad (2021) won’t play Dolby Vision Profile 5 files

same fore me

Again a media info of the file would help.
The link is a few posts up