Multi-users/profiles

It’s now planned

“WooHoo!Yeah!!”

3 Likes

N I C E :smiley:

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

Planned for 2024 so it’ll take a while before we get it.

1 Like

In the context of adding multi-user/profiles…
Could we have a way to manually assign ratings?
For example, I have a 12 year old child, he likes to watch some Anime’s, some are rated R17 because of the blood, but all kids at school are watching it so I have to turn off parental control.
But while I do that, he’s exposed to shows like “Sex and the City” for example.
So how can I assign which shows is ok for my kid to watch?

This can be implemented as an authorization override per account.

It’s this real? Is it really planned?!!!
Been waiting for ever for this (and hue support)

Greetings fellow forum members,

I am seeking assistance with a technical query that revolves around the management of multiple Apple TV user profiles, including those designated for my children. I have successfully established distinct accounts (profiles) on two Apple TV devices within my household, catering to both myself, children and my partner

The objective is to ensure that the favorites, ongoing shows, and other personalized settings for each user remain isolated and easily accessible. Despite my efforts to navigate the settings and configurations, I have yet to discover an optimal solution. My aspiration is to create an environment wherein my profile presents my preferred content, my partner’s profile hosts theirs, and similarly, my children’s profiles encompass their individualized selections.

If any forum members have successfully addressed this scenario or possess insights into its resolution, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. This endeavor feels akin to orchestrating a meticulous digital symphony, and I am eager to hear the wisdom and experiences that this community can offer.

Warm regards

I’ve moved your post to a suggestion thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Or … Maybe another app with this functionality, 2024 it’s insane for this essential functionality.

This feature will use Plex profiles ?

No sorry, that’s requested in this suggestion thread.

For me, this multi-user support on the tvOS platform would be a killer feature, which makes a new Infuse major version quite justifiable right away. I really hope it comes soon, because currently only one person in my family can use the AppleTV in the living room and enter his Jellyfin account there.

1 Like

Is there really no profile / account management so both my family members can have their own profile to keep track of what they watched, or am I blind?

I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Also note that this suggestion is tagged as planned and is on the agenda for the developers. You can see what’s planned here.

is this feature really on the roadmap? I mean, it’s been like 6-7 years now :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, it would really be awesome to have a profile dedicated to my boys and their shows.

I’m beginning to lose hope that the feature will come. I have therefore cancelled Premium at the end of this year and will be switching to a different solution because this is a really important feature for me and I’ve been waiting too long for it.

HI There,

I have two Apple TV’s, one in the living and one in my HT.
Is there a way that both have their separate profile when launching Infuse?

Don’t want to have kids seeing horror stuff popping up in the living or me seeing in the HT kids suff etc. for example :slight_smile:

There is not yet any built-in support for multiple profiles; but if you don’t log in to any cloud backup services (iCloud, Trakt, new AWS) on the kids’ AppleTV, you can set it up to work with a separate set of shared folders from yours, and/or setup their Infuse Home Screen pinned items differently.