Selecting specific folders for Metadata fetching

Hi all.

So I’ve had Infuse on my TV for a little while now. Used it here and there. So didn’t play with the settings too much. I did turn off metadata fetching though as it would always mislabel my files and I could never tell what was what.

So today I finally transferred what I could of my old movie and tv library from an old HHD to a new external SSD. So decided to really give Infuse a proper run.

Straight away the metadata fetching put everything into disarray. So turned it off and didn’t think much more about it.

It wasn’t until I was sorting my movies and I seen the option to select manually the metadata for files individually. Not this was brilliant and I seen how good it is when the metadata is in point.

The issue I’m facing is I’ve set my SSD’s up as favorites. Not individual folders. But even as individual folders some are full of files that can match for the most part metadata fetching. But other the files are more home movies, sports season reviews etc so they get scrambled by the metadata fetching.

I don’t really want to manually fetch metadata all the time so I’m wondering is there a way to set the metadata fetching to individual folders. Essentially in the same fashion as you do for files.

The only options I can see are on or off and local or TMDB. In this case I’d prefer off as the scrambling annoys me more than how much I enjoy the worked metadata.

Any help with this would be greatly approached.

If I’ve done the new member mistake of asking a common question, apologies. I did search for the topic, but maybe I worded it incorrectly.

Thanks.

All sorted.

If anyone is having the same issues. I found a work around.

While you can’t select which folder to give access to metadata fetching, you can isolate specific folders to only use local metadata.

So every folder that didn’t contained typical movies and tv shows I just isolated to local metadata.

Not sure what the trade off is yet. But it’s looking ok to me at the moment.

No trade off, setting “local” for a folder does what you were looking for.

You can find more info here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.