Lost all Favorites, Up-Next, etc

Yes of course I have read the whole damn thing !!! In fact you know that cos I’ve already posted 20 times !!! And holiday or no holiday there is now no excuse for a proper intervention from them - any company that values their customers would have pulled out some stops instead of going to the beach !!!

What do you expect them to do in the space of 3 days? It takes about a week to get an updated app through apple’s verification process. Firecore have had an updated app sitting with Apple since last week. This doesn’t fix the issue but I’m just using that example to indicate that your timeline is unrealistic.

Hello everyone -

An update with more info on the steps we’re taking to prevent this from happening again, as well as a reply from Apple have been added to the first post.

Hey,

I have the EXACT same problem. Appears that version which had all those UI options and layout which came about in version 5.7 are now gone and now am running on version 5.6 again…I need to check myself when i get a chance if that is the case and the software version has been changed and i need to reinstall again.

In 5.7 we added a new ‘Lists’ feature which allowed various groups of content to appear on the Infuse home screen. These Lists are synced with iCloud, and unfortunately appear to have been lost for some users.

To get them back you can follow the re-install steps described in the first post, or just re-add them manually as described here. Managing Favorites & Lists – Firecore Support

Did you see the responses above on how to add back the new options for favorites and lists?

I only had a brief moment on Friday, when I opened Infuse on my Applle TV4, and It appeared that I would need to re-add my network shares, library, favorites, etc…it looked like a fresh install. But, as I posted earlier, I didn’t do anything, and it was all as normal.

My attachments reflect that I am still on 5.7.1, I still have Cloud Sync on, my Shares are still in my Library, my Favorites, and Artwork are all as before Friday.

Does the issue others are having, have anything to do with Plex? I do not have Plex, and I am not having this recurring issue, losing and having to load metadata etc. I see many, ( not all), of the users that had this issue, are using Plex, and only began posting since Plex support was added.

I’m only posting this to help narrow down the cause, as it isn’t effecting every user. I also don’t have the 4K version of Apple TV, and still have 32GB of storage available.

Honestly, I was surprised to see my hotmail inbox had so many alerts to this thread, as we used Infuse through out the 3 day weekend with out any more errors since Friday.

SO - IF THE LAST week hasnt been bad enough - AppleTV just updated to 11.4 and guess what - YOUR DAMN INFUSE will NOT run unless you uninstall it and re-download it and install it again !!! - Tried it on THREE AppleTV’s and they all crashed and burned - so here I am for the 3rd time in as many weeks now re-populating the bloody database that we STILL cant backup because NO-ONE at Firecore is interested in making life simpler for us - THANKS GUYS yet again !!! - so far 963 out of 33,163 bits of metadata populating at its normal snails pace and none of my specific edited metadata’s saved BECAUSE WE CANT - CAN WE FIRECORE ! - WHY did I have to unistall and re-install ??? None of you tested it with 11.4 ??? - or was the 11.4 beta unknown to you ??? - There has been NO REAL or USEFUL reason for last weeks pile of dogs doodah from Firecore - simply a copy of a rather useless statement from Apple which was no help to any of us and some vague promises about signing the app blah blah blah - NONE of which is going to protect our mindnumbingly painful configuration of the databse again, and again and again … this is really not good enough Firecore. Now spend some valuable and worthwhile time and give us the accessible database that we so badly need !!!

It isn’t effecting everyone,…my Apple TV updated to 11.4 automatically either over night, or while I was away during the day, I just checked Infuse, and everything is fine, see pics Attached. When Infuse opened, it did the normal check of all Shares, about 45 seconds, and shows last updated 1:36pm about 10 minutes ago.

There must be something that has triggered this issue for some users, while others are completely unaffected.

Hi all, that sounds really pretty bad now. I can only check, what my atvs will do later tonight. But I also would be happy if I don’t need to reinstall and rescan everything again. Maybe Firecore can do something, to avoid that, and help us not to need to run all that again.
I also expect, that in the Ios world, an update can not harm any existing app. Usually there are updates for apps, when they are conflicting with an iOS update, before the iOS update is coming. That’s one of the reasons, why I use Apple and iOS.

If you were affected by the original issue, it’s best to follow the steps outlined in the initial post as this will ensure any corrupted data in iCloud is removed.

Leaving the app installed, and disabling iCloud Sync may also work, but may also mean you are leaving bad data on your device. This will depend on how your account was affected, and what your device actually downloaded from iCloud during the period when data was missing, removed, or corrupted.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are taking steps to ensure an issue like this does not appear again.

Hi James, as you can see, this is a new issue, that infuse won’t start anymore after 11.4, and needs to be reinstalled. The effect is the same, as before. Rescan all data. So maybe this should be put in a new topic.

Here: Tvos 11.4 new update today

From James: "Sorry, it sounds like you may be affected by the iCloud issue from last week.

More info on what happened and how to get back on track can be found here.

Lost all Favorites, Up-Next, etc"

Sorry Sebastian, this does not carry the answer to my question.

Sorry for the confusion.

To clarify, we’re not seeing any reports related to 11.4 outside of those related to the original iCloud issue from last week.

In other words, those unaffected by the iCloud issue (as well as those who were affected and followed the steps in the first post) should not have any issues with 11.4.

Sorry, I didn’t see a question.

I was referring to your sugestion to “put this in a new topic”. I was showing you the topic was already created.

Hi
same issues as evry one. I’ve made : What to do if you are affected …The recommended steps to get back up and running are below.[…] : doesn’t work any more : favirotes ar gone… (where ? :slight_smile: )
thanks for help…

If you were affected, following the steps in the original post will allow you to start fresh.

Unfortunately, this does mean you will need to setup your shares and favorites again.

Hi, maybe something was mixed up here. This is my original post. I think it’s pretty clear. If infuse needs to be reinstalled due to a problem with 11.4 and therefore everything needs to be rescanned, it’s pretty uncool. I can understand the guy s1, inspite of his sometimes rough wording.

As Sebastian has said above already there is already a topic about infuse not opening in 11.4

Any problems with 11.4 really should be discussed in the below link and not here, others wise it will get confusing and won’t gain traction with the few who have this problem.