Setting Up Media Player With External Drive Connected to Macbook

is it possible to setup my external drive connected through my macbook to the media player app

Yes. We have a guide for setting this up which can be found here.

Im just hoping for confirmation of what I’ve read on the forum regarding ext drives connected to macs. Mine is a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex and it’s NTFS. I have it marked Shared through the Mac but Media isn’t seeing it. Is this b/c it’s NTFS and not HFS+? I’m a new Firecore user running OS 10.8.2. It looks like this became a problem with OS updates after 10.6.X but I wanted to confirm since I have almost 1TB of data on that drive. Thanks.

my question was not answered properly that was a horrible answer just pointing me to a thread that obviously doesnt work, i dont have an airport or any of that shit and these step DO NOT EXPLAIN how to connect any external drives through the mac, i wait days for reply then get terrible supply, absolutely horrendous support firecore should be embarassed

Yes, if streaming from a Mac you’ll want to have the drive formatted in HFS+ as NTFS drives cannot be streamed over AFP.

If you need info on how to share a drive from your Mac, we have a guide for setting that up as well.

http://support.firecore.com/entries/20655156-Enable-File-Sharing-on-a-Mac-PC

Other than that, if you can post a few more details about where you are running into trouble I will do my best to help.

Thanks James!