aTV Flash + External HDD won´t work!

Hi!

Just bought aTV Flash and everything works fine, except…

I follow every guide Firecore has made but I can’t get the aTV Flash Media Manager to locate my shared HDD connected to my mac. 

According to this it should work, or am I doing something wrong? 

What format is the drive you’re attempting to use? When streaming via AFP, only drives formatted in HFS+ (Mac OS) are supported.

Are you using a username and password to connect from the AppleTV?

This is the info on my HDD. Guess this is the wrong format? Yes, i’ve entered my username and password while connecting from the aTV2[[wysiwyg_imageupload:118:]]

I have had the same issue. I have a 2TB external drive (HFS+ formatted) connected to my iMac running Snow Leopard, but the media manager cannot detect the drives when using AFP sharing. Both AFP and SMB sharing is turned on in sharing preferences. It can see the drive when i use SMB sharing in the media player.

It may be the manufacturer’s problem. My ministack v2.5 1TB with hubs built in is a Mac specific drive properly formatted and will not work  when usb to my Airport extreme. Mascsales OWC) confirmed the problem. On the other hand I have an 80GB WD from my Macbook housed in an external enclosure and it works just fine.