4.4.2 to 4.4.4

trying to figure out how to update stock atv2 from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 before i jailbreak it.

what i have read http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279

seems this will jailbreak me tethered on 4.4.2 which I do not want.

I have dumped my blobs already with ifaith but i am at a loss from here.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

As of yet you cannot however there may be a possibility of using blobs from another device. But as of right now you require the blobs of the iOS you are trying to restore.

thanks for the quick response!

much appreciated!

Okay, so I just downgraded from the 5.1 to 4.4.2.  At the time, I was unable to created any ssh blobs from the new version yet as the 5.1 version was not accepted by Ifaith.  Do you think I will eventually be able to upgrade to an untethered version since I was unable to create the blobs? 

Thanks.

Download the latest version of TinyUmbrella and save all available blobs for your device.

So even though I have already downgraded, you would still recommend me using the new TinyUmbrella to back up? 

**Actually, I just checked on my TinyUmbrella program and saw that I have saved blobs for AppleTV 2 5.1 (9B179B).  Although, it will not allow me to save new blobs for the 4.4.2 as it says that it’s not being signed anymore.

Is this common’ that it won’t allow you to save blobs for the downgraded version?

Thanks again.

You will need to use iFaith or redsn0w to save the SHSH blobs for the iOS you currently are running. TinyUmbrella will not capture them from the device instead of captures them from the Apple Server while they are being signed.

Gotcha!  Matty your the man and thanks for your assistance.

Soooo, did you make it?

I’ve got lots of jailbroken 4.4.4’s (with saved blobs).
Can I use one of those blobs to save the two which are on 4.4.2?

You can try. People are saying that devices get stuck in DFU when trying to restore 4.4.4 with blobs from another device.