USB EXTERNAL HD NOT RECOGNIZED AFTER SMART INSTALLER

I see numerous posts about this external USB problem but no solutions from ATV flash.

My external USB drive is attached to my ATV and has its own power cord. It is Mac formatted and i ran smart installer and nito installer and it still wont recognize my external drive in the NitoTV files. It says “Empty Folder! The folder is empty or has no files with supported suffixes.” It did recognize it for a few days but then started getting that message again.

Again…Yes i ran smart installer…Yes i unplugged the ATV and plugged it in then attached the USB drive…still not recognizing it. This happened once before and i finally had to do factory restore. The process of getting back to the way it was takes an hour and i dont want to keep doing a total restore and ATV flash reinstall again and again. I think i want my money back. This is ridiculous.

Please what is up with this??

What size is the drive you are attempting to use? Was it ever setup as primary storage for the AppleTV?

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. EVERYTHING SEEMS COMPLICATED. I REALLY DON’T LIKE THIS SOFTWARE. IT TOOK ME TWO WHOLE DAYS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT BUT TO NO AVAIL