Tether booting is greyed out.....

Just bought my apple tv 2 from somebody else. When  he showed me his set up at his house he had everything on this thing and he said when I take it to my house all I would need to do is download this seasonpass and do “boot tether”, well it is not giving me this option (it’s greyed out) and I am scared of doing anything else as I don’t want to wipe out anything that is in this tv. Any step by step instruction anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated. Kids and I would really like to start watching this. lol  Thank you :slight_smile:

There are two points that spring to mind here:

• If is not clear why a tethered jailbreak was used as SeasonPass has for some time offered an untethered jailbreak  of the 5.0.x firmware for the ATV2!
  • Id it WAS a tethered jailbreak, then there are some files created during the jail-breaking process on the PC/Mac that did the jailbreak that are required to be present before SeasonPass will offer the Boot Tether option and allow the tethered boot to complete.  It sounds as if you might not have been given those files?

Things have just for a bit more complicated as far as jail-breaking is concerned as Apple have just released the 5.1 software (based on iOS6) for the ATV.   So far there is no jailbreak for this although it is likely one will appear soon for ATV2 (but not ATV3).