Seasonpass for 5.2.1 (PC)

Hi,

I tried (and failed) my first attempt at jailbreaking my Apple TV 2 last night.

I followed the instructions and all seemed to go very well. There were no errors and the update seemed to complete successfully.

When I connected the ATV2 back up to my TV it displayed the Apple logo, the screen went black and stayed black with the lamp on the ATV2 flashing.

I had to use the Apple official restore to get my ATV2 working again.

I tried the whole thing over again but got the same results.

I did notice a difference between the Seasonpass restore and the Apple official restore -

When the Apple official restore completed it ejected the ATV2 and the lamp went off on the ATV2.

When the Seasonpass restore completed it ejected the ATV2 but the lamp on the ATV2 continued to flash (I even waited 10 minutes).

Is there an issue with the software or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Mayhem147

Are you using the 5.2.1 jailbreak?   If so then you MUST NOT REMOVE THE POWER after doing the tethered boot stage.   

This is the big problems with tethered jailbreaks - since the power cannot be removed without reverting to needing the tethered boot it can only be done when the PC can be bought to where you intend to use the ATV.

I am using the 5.2.1 Jailbreak.

Where I went wrong was I wasn’t doing the TETHERED boot part.

I will try again - Thanks.

Will this Jailbreak be updated at some point so the tethered boot will not be necessary?

Hi there Iám a newbe, but if I have it correct I can JB tethered and than downgrade to an untheterd. Is that correct?

No - you will not be able to downgrade to an untethered jailbreak unless you already have shsh blobs to it (and if you had that you could go directly).

is there anyway of downgrading the version once 5.2.1 is jailbroken?

Hi i have jailbroken and booted tethered, the atv comes up fine, but i can’t connected to it using atvflash. or ssh to it. is there any way to tell if its been jail broken? 

ok ignore last msg… i re jailbroke it and then did a tehered boot and it now works. 

when i first jb’d,  itunes came up with an error 1608 (or somthing like that), then when i booted the atv (just normal … not using seasonpass) it came up with an itunes logo + cable.  after trying over and over to tether it booted into what looked like the normal atv os. i couldn’t ssh or use atv flash.

the difference is when it started working, after i jb’d again, itunes did not error. also when starting the atv normally it just shows an apple logo then goes to black screen…  now when tethering  loads up with the firecore icon. 

i hope this helps someone work out if its been jb’d properly or not… just keep trying over and over.

HI GUYS, A GREAT NEWS, I VE BEEN TRYING TO JAILBREAK MY ATV 2 FOR DAYS, WITHOUT SUCCESS UNTILL TODAY, ONCE I LAUNCH THE SEASONPASS IT DID WORK, AND I WAS ABLE TO DO THE JAILBREAK HERE S HOW.

IT S UNTHETHERED JAILBREAK FOR THE 5.2.1 (6040) version

waw, so happy

who ever want s to  know how can contact me, very easy steps

Thanks

richie is spamer   if u wanna help  you dont need poeple to contact you .   richie is spamer  dont  listen to him   and has 1 post 

I am having the same problem… Getting thru the jailbreak but will not boot up when connected to the TV. Tried several times all with the same result. I,m sitting here watching the light blink. There must be a problem

Because it is T E T H E R E D… B O O T

Guys I’m confused. Is there. Tethered version out for window. I used Mac but pc ???

Yes there is you can find it here: http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

I used the seansonpass o my imac and i follow all steps and have the same problem. Apple tv conected to tv and light is flashing but dont show anything… Everything is black…so how can i do?

I had another go - It worked!

The problem was I didn’t understand the significance of the tethered boot -

When you have jailbroken your ATV and return it to your TV you must do the tethered boot to start it up.

If you do not do the tethered boot you will get a blank screen.

If the ATV is disconnected from the power at any time you must do the tethered boot again.

Regards,

Mayhem 147.

Hi all,

I have performed the tethered jailbreak on my ATV2. Will an untethered version come out for 5.2.1 or do we have to wait till the next release for the possibility of an untethered jailbreak?

Thanks

We do not know. We are the mercy of the jailbreak community here. There have been suggestions that they may not produce a new jailbreak until the next major iOS version as they want to keep the unused exploits they know about in reserve to avoid Apple patching them before then. Remember these exploits also apply to other iOS devices, not just the ATV so are valuable to keep in reserve.

Forgive me if I am missing something, but doesn’t the A4 processor have a bootrom exploit that allows the Apple TV 2 to always be jailbreakable?  Is the bootrom exploit limiting the ATV2 jailbreak to a tethered jailbreak?  And it is some other software exploit being used to allow untethered jailbreaks?  Or is the bootrom exploit all that is needed for an untethered jailbreak?