SharePlay/Watch Party (Like Prime/Disney Watch Party)

Well, the same applies to granting access to your Plex, Emby or Jellyfin server with illegally obtained content with someone. Firecore is not liable for how people use their product, it’s up to the customer to use their product responsibly.

The thing with the products you described is that sharing is done from the server which is not an App Store download (the client is but it doesn’t facilitate the sharing). I can see apple not liking apps on its store that directly share video content. Similar to how apple doesn’t allow torrent clients (or clients that connect to a torrent server) on the appstore

I don’t think private sharing of copyrighted material violates any copyright laws. Like showing your mom a movie you purchased.

That’s completely dependent on one’s legal jurisdiction.

In the US, transmitting copyrighted material you don’t own the copyright to, nor a license to transmit, most assuredly is against the law.

My stolen car doesn’t become any more or less stolen if I let a friend ride shotgun.

The US also likes to argue the definition of private. Not much of anything is private anymore. For example: Mail is still private. Email is not. $5 to whoever can tell me why.

Hey,

It seems to be a popular service generally supported by browser add-on or other hacky methods; but wondered if it would be possible to support natively?
I could see iCloud being a possibility - though unsure how latency stable iCloud updates are for this kind of thing.

I realise the only reliable way of doing this may be you guys running a webservice, which would eat into funds, perhaps additional tier and/or perk for lifetime members?
Alternatively, self-hosting could be another way to do it.

Anyway, in short, multiple clients able to play the same content in-sync (1s or less); with perhaps the ability for one/many to control play/pause.

Cheers