SharePlay/Watch Party (Like Prime/Disney Watch Party)

shareplay has not launched yet so no developer could have implemented it so far

Yes. That’s why I prefer to write a script myself and share my findings instead of dealing with the uncertainty. It’s not even clear how the player experience would be with shareplay.

SharePlay allows users to watch together if they have access to the same app and same media. Not sure if it’s applicable here but would be nice.

1 Like

What about SharePlay support?

1 Like

If you want that feature don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

3 Likes

I would love share play support. I am interested how/if it could work if people have the same file at different locations.

2 Likes

It would be nice it has Sync play. I just convince my friends to buy the infuse. It will be better if infuse can support SharePlay API. If not just simple sync and playing some files would be nice.

Since both I and my friends can access the same files(Google Drive, Box, WebDAV). So that will make it awesome to just Sync and play. Maybe support steaming video from local later?

Maybe when a friend joins the room they can select the related files to sync play. And infuse just need to check the length of the video and framerate to check if that is possible to play.

2 Likes

Yes shareplay would be awesome
Maybe trough plex that has a similar feature ?

I would love it if you could implement this shareplay feature. I use Infuse a lot and love the app. Since the pandemic started my sister and I stream together frequently and shareplay would often make it much easier :slight_smile: We used it with Disney a few times and it’s working really good.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1 Like

One year and counting…

Also interested !

Any updates on this?
It feels like a must-have, since basically I can’t even think of one app that I know that would allow me to get that

@james with all of the Apple restrictions & limits. Do you think this is possible? The only way will be streaming from one device to the other right? (Like current Apple share screen) Not both using the same cloud drive?

Per the description of the “Suggestions” forum category…

Share ideas and vote on features you want to see added in future versions.

With that in mind while it may at the current time be a monumental task to share or have a watch party within Infuse there may be technical developments along the way that make it obtainable.

The suggestions are a way for Firecore to know what their users have interests in and gauge the number of users that share that interest so any suggestion may be currently possible or it may not be but if you don’t ask, you never know. :wink:

1 Like

Sure. I know. I was just thinking how it would works if 2 people doesn’t share same cloud service. The only way around that I can think of is to share directly from one device but I hope this is a feature we can see in the future.

I could also see it if all parties had the exact same file but the syncing of multiple users still could be a big challenge so we can hope. :wink:

1 Like

After today’s WWDC, any possible updates on this?

I’m assuming it would be possible now. This is a screenshot of my iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS17.

These apps use SharePlay:

Apple has introduced a new File Transfer API for SharePlay that’s coming with tvOS17/iOS17/iPadOS17/macOS14. Surely this could somehow be utilized to finally make SharePlay viable in Infuse?

That also would increase liability if materials being watched were pirated.