Playlists and Shuffle play (Infuse Pro)?

I recently purchased a NAS and I’m looking for a good replacement my current streaming solutions (ServeToMe/StreamToMe). Mainly I just am looking for the ability to shuffle video/audio files within a directory or a playlist. The free version of Infuse doesn’t seem to have this functionality, so I was curious if Infuse Pro has it or if there are plans to add it. I’m holding off purchasing Pro until I figure this out.

Thanks

Shuffle and loop are planned for a future version, but we don’t have an ETA just yet.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I have same requirement. Once done it would be the best iOS video player

Seriously how long will it take to add shuffle options?? this to me is a basic function

Hey James, LOVE Infuse. It’s been two years since this comment, any plans on releasing shuffle soon?

3 Likes

Love this app, far superior to the Plex app in all ways except for no shuffle. I am a paid subscriber and I need, need, need shuffle for playing random eps of Seinfeld, Red Dwarf, Whose LIne is it Anyway? and other shows that are inherently non-sequential and more enjoyable played in random order. Please add this!

This was added in Infuse 6.2, which is available today. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Looking forward to trying it. Customer for life :slight_smile:

Yaaaaaaassss! Also customer for life!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Shuffle playback was my favorite feature on Firecore aTV, and I can’t see any evidence of it in the Infuse for iPhone/iPad, so I assume it is not on the Apple TV version. I would like to have the ability to shuffle a season or series!

as title. please add this feature.

+1 It would be a nice feature!

1 Like

I see this was acknowledged back in 2014 Playlists and Shuffle play (Infuse Pro)?

I see multiple requests for it, is there any update?

Is there any work around? I like doing this in plex by just picking a show, regardless of season, hit shuffle and let it play in the background.

Please add…

I have a lot of tv series on Infuse that don’t need to be watched in chronological order. I normally watch these shows on Plex simply because I don’t want to watch them in order and can utilize their shuffle feature within each season and within the series as a whole. However, I’d much prefer to watch these with infuse and the shuffle feature on Plex isn’t very random, so it’d be awesome if infuse could implement a proper shuffle feature for tv shows.

5 Likes

+1, this is my most missed feature from Plex

2 Likes

+100, i dont care if it is as bad as plex, just the option

1 Like

+1000 this is the only thing I need in order to ditch the Plex app completely.

+1 seems like such a simple thing to add and it’s been wanted for years. Posts from as far back as 2016 requesting it.

It’s literally the ONLY reason I keep Plex installed on my Apple TV. I only ever use Infuse for watching movies, and that’s way less frequent than TV shows for me. This is all I really want from Infuse right now and can’t find any sort of dev response about it.