Loading Photos takes a long time.

I’ve got a folder setup on my NAS which stores my photo collection. It has approx 100 sub folders, each full of photo’s and some videos. There is probably around 4000 photos in total.

When I navigate to the main ‘Photo’s’ folder via the media player,  it sits there saying ‘Loading’ for around a minute, before then displaying all the folders. Once I’m in there, it loads each photo reletively quickly, but it’s the initial wait for the loading time to get in there that is frustrating. Is there any way of improving this? Is there a better folder structure that would help for instance?

Thanks,

Mark

We’ve resolved a few similar issues which should be available in the upcoming 1.6 version.

Stay tuned.

Thanks. I’ve just updated to 1.6 and it seems slightly faster, but it still takes minutes to load up my photos folder.

XBMC used to take a fraction of the time to do the same. ATV flash is better in every aspect apart from this which is really frustrating!

Is there anything I could do with my folder setup to speed it up? Only thing I can think is to split it up into smaller folders maybe, like ‘a-e’, ‘f-j’ etc…

Thanks,

Mark