iCloud Sync

Could someone please link/ create a FAQ doc regarding exactly how iCloud sync features.
There are so many assumptions of what it does and doesn’t do and on which devices.

The only thing I have noticed that is consistent is that the shares are synchronised. The metadata, re downloading from scrapers etc. all seems to happen per each device and brings lots of inconsistencies. Almost not worth having the feature.

Thanks

A guide with details on the syncing options available in Infuse can be found here.

Firstly and most importantly: Love the current Fusion.

Secondly as a programmer myself I see that the way metadata are handled across players (clients) and the icloud sync I think could have been solved a tad smoother. I use SSL based webdav where I have allowed Infuse to “read / write” and there should be an option to put the “config” where your video clips resides. Then any client would update the “metadata” post it to your “webdav folder” and then when you move from for example your iPad to ATV it would quickly be in sync. Now it seems that you overload queries towards providers of “cover art” etc. Just my feeling wathing my ATV update itself here. To centralize those metadata would save a lot of “hogging” towards sub-providers.

Secondly I also think the “up next” feature would gain from this. The icloud sync feature now are at best “ok”. Many times I find my ATV and iPad “out of sync” on my playlists.

This would raise the concern of “users” towards infuse (like family members) where you today can have the same webdav folder setup for a family member linking it to “their icloud account” I see that but if you introduce my solution with a "select user watching (like Plex) this should be solved.

My idea usually are to keep things simple; and to have config / video clips on one location usually plays nicer than the current setup. My 2 cents at least :slight_smile:

1 Like