Atmos and DTS-X Bitstream

hi guys before i purchase infuse for my apple tv 4k i will like to know if infuse support Atmos and DTS-X Bitstream passthrough, please im not talking about send PCM to my receiver because Atmos dont work if it send PCM To my receiver , just Bitstream passthrough

thanks in advanced

The Apple TV does not currently support bitstreaming lossless or object based audio formats, but Apple has implied this may be added in a future version of tvOS.

For now, lossless formats like TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, and PCM can be sent from the Apple TV to a receiver via LPCM for no loss of quality. More info on the available audio options can be found here. Audio Options (tvOS) – Firecore

thanks james for you help, sorry im not interest on LPCM, I know is just i zip send to my receiver but to me dont sound the same as bitstream, i guess the apple tv is not for me, so there is no way of sending TrueHD and DTS-HD Bitstream, i saw like passthrough option on infuse if i remember

Passthrough works for 16-bit formats (regular DTS and AC3) but not for lossless 24-bit formats.

ok thanks for you help, take care

Is it fair to say when Apple adds support for Atmos/bitstreaming) Infuse can support this either automically or without much issue?

Great product!

Depends on how it’s implemented. Atmos is going to be be done lossy with EAC-3 so it’s possibly even with passthrough for it enabled the lossless codecs wouldn’t be able to be supported still.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.