Apple TV 25.0.2 jailbroken, but unable to install xmbc

Greetings,

I have an apple tv gen 2 which was previously tethered jailbroken, but due to a recent power loss I lost the jailbreak.  I then tried Jailbreaking again via the season pass app method and everything appeared fine.  I was able to view the red firecore icon on the settings. At one point I was able to follow the instructions on this link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2#ATV_5.x to install xmbc via the console app and it seemed everything went fine, my apple tv even rebooted fine after the final command.  However I was still missing the xmbc icon!  I then downloaded the nito installer app and xmbc did not install this way either.  I then tried installing xmbc via the nito icon directly from the apple tv 2 os and it shows it’s installed, but no icon!  I was successful installing xmbc on this unit in the past and can’t figure out what the hell is going on.  I have rejailbroken many times and nothing. I should note, I had updated to the latest firmware ios via the apple tv 2 options menu, but then reverted back to 5.0.2 via seasonpass.  It seems I am jailbroken because I can ssh and see the firecore red icon on my apple tv 2.  Also I am running Mac os X mountain lion itunes 10.7  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

was able to figure it out, thanks guys!

I have not been able to figure mine out. I have installed it through nito and even though it says it is installed I have no icon. I have tried the command line install as well and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!