Trailers

After waiting YEARS for this and a paying PRO member. I have given up and moved to PLEX. Sure needing a NAS that can support PLEX was a key item, but PLEX has trailers, it also has SKIP INTOs, Immediate Library Updating, Library sharing, and about the easiest REMOTE CONNECTION to your own media you could ask for.

Sure the UI could be better, but once you get used to it, its fine

3 Likes

This feature would be very very welcome.
I hope it will be added soon.

Mark

Since 2015 a request was made for this feature. Netflix, Plex, Emby, even Kodi is having this with some skins.

Why is this just being ignored and only response from Firecore is that this is being taken into consideration? What is the purpose of doing suggestions with multiple topics on this ā€˜communityā€™ forum? This topic alone is having more than 300 repliesā€¦ please add this in next update! If Emby and Plex can do it, than for sure Firecore as well!

Can everyone make sure to like (heart) the first post please. Perhaps this will bring this feature more on the radarā€¦ now 96 likes from 2016 and which is quiet low based on the amount of comments.

Ask your brother, sister, children, wife, husband, neighbour, dont forget the neighbour at the end of the street as well, grandma, grand pa or whoever can sign up and like this first post. Lets work together as a community and really push hard for this more than welcoming basic feature!

Infuse exists because of this community who is eager to use the app.

@james please see all comments. Why is it taking several years to even speak aloud when this will be implemented?

While I understand your desire to see this feature please note that this feature is tagged ā€œpostponedā€ in the topic and if you read the description of ā€œpostponedā€ youā€™ll see that right now this feature

I donā€™t know for sure but Iā€™m guessing that trailers may be a legal concern but I donā€™t know.

We can still keep adding to the likes but Iā€™m not looking for this in the near future.

Thanks, and at least this is an honest response. Just wondering why other apps such as Emby & Plex can do this though. What about my own local trailers?

Why not make a subscription for Infuse app with and without trailersā€¦ with trailers a higher price. Just some thoughts on how to bring this feature to the app.

I doubt this is a technical issueā€¦ Firecore is more capabel to have a smooth layout etc compared to Emby app and for sure a trailers option.

Isnā€™t it possible to create an ā€œextraā€ session at least? Then people could upload trailers, extra content or anything they want.

1 Like

Also an optionā€¦ at least something compared to current status (nothing at all). I have to go to YouTube to watch a trailer and back again in Infuse and which is quiet annoyingā€¦ especially when the purpose of Infuse is to showcase your local files but doesnt make sense to open another app before you can play content. When I go to the cinema I want to see a trailer before deciding what to watchā€¦ same for my content on Infuseā€¦ again a basic feature for Firecoreā€™s core business.

You can add your support for this different suggestion here

Hi,

Yeah, i totally agreeā€¦ even MrMc (iOS/tvOS) already support trailersā€¦

I really donĀ“t expect any progress on this feature from Infuse teamā€¦ better to move alongā€¦ :frowning:

Well lets keep pushing for thisā€¦ dont give up on it ;). Not sure why only Infuse is exoecting legal issues or other factors as other ones already implemented. Even free apps without subscriptions :wink:

1 Like

Another option would be addition of plugins and let the community add trailers feature. No legal issue then.

Or maybe itā€™s not a legal issue at all and just technical. Might require a significant rework of layout plus handling the connection to the trailer site and possibly supporting a different player than their current custom one. It could be that they need to add additional underlying code before any sort of extras are supported and until that is done there is no point as changing the tag. Also there is the fact that maybe not every video can have a trailer and that links can go bad and that wouldnā€™t be a good experience.

I understand what you are saying but Infuse is the core business and other apps already managed to have this feature. We all can guess of the reasons but fact stays that many people would like to see this feature. This feature is requested for the last 5 years so you would expect some progress has been made in the mean time, but we are welcomed with a new logo instead as a priority :wink:

Emby, Plex, Netflix, Kodi, MRMC, even some IPTV apps, so on and onā€¦ all with trailers feature.

Another option would be open source.

Open source is a key driver to drive innovation. Community is the other. Infuse lacks only the former.

Anything under copyright (e.g. DTS to PCM) could be a paid closed-source plug-in.

As result, development speed would be greatly affected. A board could decide which feature is ready for merging and when a new release is published to the AppStore. More eyes on the code would catch much sooner bugs and certainly code creativity will flourish.

Has openings Infuse source ever be considered before?

Not likely to happen due to finance etc and which I fully can understand.

My frustration is based on a community forum where persons are requesting features for a paid app. I can understand this will not happen in weeks after a request, but come on after 5 years? Especially if you look at all reactions for this feature. What is the purpose if FireCore is not listening? They change the logo but nobody asked for this, however a desperately needed feature is just being ignored. How can you drive innovation if you are miles behind the competition on trailers, smart playlists etc.

As said before. Letā€™s work together as a community to bring this feature to the app. How can we do this? By ensuring this topic is on top of all the other ones and keep it alive. Letā€™s @james in every reply :wink:

Yes we can and we need this feature!

Postponed but not even tagged as a Wishlistā€¦ why? Nobody knowsā€¦ radio silence. Postponed for the last 5 to 6 yearsā€¦ better have a Tagā€¦ Ignored.

1 Like

I rarely comment on threads here, but I have some remarks.

For a suggestion to gain traction, you need to click the ā€œLikeā€ button, the button now shows 96 likes, which I guess is not that wanted as people make if it has only 96 ā€œplus onesā€, or people just donā€™t read.

Next, please do not act childish. I believe this will just get you muted or your account suspended.

I understand your frustration with a missing feature youā€™ve wanted for such a long time. However, I can assure you, that if you want to do something like that in your app, and you want to do it right, itā€™s not something you can do in a few weeks. Let alone if you want / need to make some plug-in support, so you can add more stuff like that faster and easier in the future.

I would like some more technical explanation as well, since I work in dev myself, but seeing as this thread has become a bunch of people talking mostly about stuff they donā€™t know about and and just pointing how the next app already has it etc etc, and act a certain way, I donā€™t blame them.

So, my proposition is, letā€™s try and calm this thread, ask james, or any other dev / community representative in a calm manner if they can provide some sort of a statement to the community.

And as always, dont forget to +1 if you want this fature. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Everybody, you have to put a like (:heart: button) on the topic itself. Hereā€™s the link.

2 Likes

Very clear. Thanks for pointing out.

No worries on being suspended as I truly believe nothing wrong with pushing hard for this feature as long as things are mentioned in a polite manner :wink:

As you have mentioned alreadyā€¦ what is the reason for this not being implemented after 5 years? I fully get it is more complicated than most people thinkā€¦ but after 5 years you would expect some progress has been made.

Unfortunately, not much has changed since I posted this reply in April 2019, and there isnā€™t a good path forward for adding this in Infuse right now. Sorry. :slightly_frowning_face: