Trailers

Now that we have the new GUI layout I could see adding an extras section below the cast and crew for things like trailers and bonus features. Looks like the API for TMDb returns a link to YouTube video so not sure how hard that would be to integrate. But definitely would want local extras support too.

1 Like

It would be amazing to have that option. That is the only think that I like better from Plex. I do like being able to watch the movie trailer if Iā€™m undecided about what movie to watch.

1 Like

+1 would also like this

+1 missing this

I noticed that there is no decent service out there that offers trailer info through API. There are some movie databases out there that offer this, but they donā€™t seem to point to ā€œofficial trailer sourcesā€ but rather point to ā€œsome weird youtube serch-resultā€.

That is the reason that, in many cases, movie trailers come in very bad video/audio quality, weird languages or even weird cuts of the trailers.

Does anyone know of a good source of (HD) trailers that can be queried via API?

Just give us even LOW quality youtube trailers. A simple WEBVIEW or SOMETHING!!!

Seriouslyā€¦ If PLEX can do it, pay up the fee InFuse!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™d as well have something suboptimal than nothingā€¦

Hello

please add local trailer playback from Emby/Plex etcā€¦
I added trailers to all my movies and shows, but with Infuse I canā€™t watch them :confused:

That should be an easy one I guess :slight_smile:

Best regards

2 Likes

+1 +1 +1 +1

Looks like IMDB self stores the movie trailers. Isnā€™t it accessible via API?

sorry but I do not understand why my request has been merged to this one. This one is a way heavier task than the one I requested, as Emby/plex already has the trailers, so this is just a ā€œsimpleā€ playback addition. Whatā€™s being talked about here is scraping trailers from different sources to the movies, which for sure is a way bigger request.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure once infuse does decide to tackle this request it will be broken up into different parts and taking from media servers will behave differently. But for now it is on the back burner so I donā€™t expect much discussion on specific implementation

+1 +1 +1

+1 for trailers

Donā€™t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

3 Likes

+1 on this feature

2 Likes

+1 +1 +1

+1 on this feature :slight_smile:

+1 for this

+1
This feature is desperately needed.

1 Like