[solved] Xbmc not working after update to Frodo trough maintenance

Today i read the haapy news that Frodo was released in a stable version.

I checked maintenance, and YES! Update available for xbmc.

After update, xbmc will not start up. I can see it is v.12 Frodo in maintenance.

Any of you have a sollution?

thank god someone else is having the same problem. i was just about to cancel cable but now im not so sure!

as an extra note that may assist the resolution - when i go into nitoTV it says the version is only 11.0-0-b1, and in maintainance it is 12.0-0

Same here and i was just about to settle down for a film. boohoo. Hopefully Firecore are reading this and get on the case

@pbizzle

I saw that too, but if you re-install trough nitotv, it will say the same thing.

It will stay at 11, bit it will be v12. After installment it will say: 0 updated

Now i am even afraid to update “media player”… :wink:

Scared that i will not be able to see anything anymore on the atv2

ok so i just uninstalled plex and rebooted a couple of times (including one where it looked like id lost the jailbreak and sharted myself) and now it appears to be working.

fucking plex. dunno why i had it installed anyway

I also have plex installed. Will try that.

Never liked plex either ;-))

YES!!!

Removing plex client worked.

Now xbmc works with Frodo perfectly

Thanks man!

Confirmed here as well. Removing Plex allows Frodo to run normally.

The saga continues…

Not working for me

Same problem here with Nito not showing updated version as installed. However, I installed Frodo via ssh. A little quirky  with some major add-ons like one channel TV shows. PBS won’t do the update. It will when done, probably resolve the buffering issue that never existed before with PBS. BTW, anyone know how to get a copy of Eden, in case I want to rollback. Been looking. I don’t have ATV@ version on my hard drive, but I do for my Imac and Macbook. Also, still showing that medoia player and maintenance need updates in the menu. It won’t show as updated.

Since yesterday, PBS (no buffering problem today) and a few things like public cache and You Tube have updated automatically. Hulu is working without commercials. I Channel is still not working at max but does better through Navi-X. Other Navi media portals  seem to be good. 

Updated XBMC (Frodo) through Maintenance and got the crashes. Went into NitoTV and chose “update all”, then I read this thread and removed Plex. Frodo is now running. 

I don’t think the “update all” through NitoTV did anything really.

The issue is documented here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Known_Frodo_issues#iOS_specific

ATV2 - Crash on startup when plexapp is installed (seems plexapp does something bad on their frappliance init)”

I uninstall plex Took the update and it keeps rebooting so I had to put Eden back on don’t know what I’m doing wrong

I uninstall plex took the update all it wants to do is reboot I don’t know what in doing wrong

I just updated today, and initially had the same problem (XBMC crashed on launch) but solved it without uninstalling Plex. Here’s what I did:

I logged into ATV2 via SSH, ran an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, allowed all packages to update, then rebooted. After reboot, I went back into maintenance, saw an available update for Plex, which I installed. After re-launch, Plex is still installed and XBMC Frodo is now running smoothly.

Probably for most, excluding the proven Plex problem, xbmc should probably be removed (do noy install over Eden and an ssh install of Frodo should be done. Almost everything is working now, minor speed glitches, including Hulu, IceFilms, 1 Channel,  PBS and Naxi-X.

Yep, the Plex update released today allows both items to be installed at the same time. :)

Do all the XBMC plug-ins and settings need to be reinstalled if you update or are they retained? If they are cleared, is there a way to back those up and restore them so I don’t need to go through the hassle of recreating them? Thanks!

Perhaps you should use ssh and uninstall and then reinstall xbmc. I had probs with using Firecore to update over Eden. Same with Nito which is acting a bit woo woo. Do a complete install of everything as per xbmc recommendations foor atv1 or 2 at their website. Reinstalling your addons is easy with the Fusion installer via xbmc hub.

I’ve read many threads about aTVFlash & ATv1, but did’nt find an answer.

What is the right way to upgrade XBMC on aTVFlash?

Can anyone wrote a short instruction (XBCM 11 to 12)?

Many THX