Infuse macOS public beta - updated 5/5/21

Please read and follow the directions in the first post in this thread.

A post was split to a new topic: Broken generated thumbnails and live previews

thanks. I click on the link I have receive in the mail. and after when I want tn download. the page doesn’t t exist.

Per the first post in this thread.

M1 Mac mini - This is awesome, pulled in my library from iCloud. Started playing a video:

• Sound just makes an obnoxious clicking
  • No media controls on the screen?
  • Video doesn’t scale (full-screen size in a windowed view)

This was just the first video I tried. Same thing plays okay on AppleTV and iOS. Output of ffprobe for it if it is helpful:

Input #0, matroska,webm, from './<filename>':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : libebml v1.4.0 + libmatroska v1.6.1
  Duration: 00:48:23.87, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 8224 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s (default)
    Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip

Diagnostics: AA9V6

Edit: Add diagnostic #

1 Like

Right, sorry. Still learning. I added the code. Here it is again FK9YP

Per the first post in this thread

3 posts were split to a new topic: Plex episode order incorrect

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Full screen doesn’t stop energy saving mode (screen going dark)

Some first thought after trying a bit.

• Settings page isn’t great. This is known to be overhauled for macOS. So it’s just a mention.
  • On my display (27", HDMI), I have to watch it full screen, otherwise the image is cropped. The video should scale towards the window, with black bars where needed.
  • Same display: no media controls, I can only press escape to stop the video.
  • Same display: subtitles are way too big, I cannot find an option to change this.
  • Episode thumbnails don’t show a progress bar (to show me if I’m half way or so.
  • Would be nice to have check-marks on episodes which are marked ‘done’.
  • Missing the CMD + , (comma) shortcut for settings, which is something many are used to.
  • Trakt link should use the external browser.

Especially the scaling for the video is breaking for me the most. Even full screen it’s not fitting properly and cuts a small part away. And since I have hearing aids, I prefer watching video with subtitles, and these now cover 1/3 of the screen with multi-line dialogues.

1 Like

I like this view of background , I like this presentation instead of blurried , I hope Infuse 7 for Apple tv will be the same ???

2 Likes

You can edit your posts and add new text and pics to the first one instead of having a new post for each pic and comment if you click on the pencil icon at the bottom of the post you want to edit. :wink:

So far I’ve gotten a lot of: An Error occurred

An error occurred loading this content

At first I thought maybe it was because the library was still updating. But I did managed to get one to play, stopped it, tried to play it again and then it continued to display the same error over and over. Using gDrive.

Incidentally - same video file works fine (along with media controls and video scaling) on Intel MacBook Pro (2.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5)

Great work!

Quick bug: The “save” button when adding my plex server doesn’t dismiss the view. Therefore, I added my plex server 11 times befause I understood what was going on

2 Likes

When editing metadata from main folder view (right click > Edit metadata) it will help to show current filename so you can narrow the search and without needing to enter the video details. When editing from inside video details the filename is shown.

At the top right in fullscreen mode the text is cut off on all sections!
Hope this can be helpful!