Embedded subtitles not displayed

In Infuse, what do you see under the “Audio” pull down menu?

I’ll start it up and get back with the info in a short while

No rush, I keep looking at the mediainfo output concerning the text tracks and there is some weirdness going on if you look at the bit rates and duration as well as a few other anomalies.

The ones that aren’t working for you have low to no bit rates listed and the ones that do work have much higher ones. That and a few other strange differences.

I’m wondering if there’s a setting in the rip that gives Infuse the wrong info.

This was an iTunes rental download, copied out of iTunes via TunesKit on macOS 10.12 … the movie file was then copied to and external hard drive on the local network, accessed by Infuse.

Same file access on MBP using Quicktime works just fine as you can see via earlier posts.

It could be some remnant of DRM. Quicktime will play Apple provided files with DRM and Infuse can not due to legal issues.

Anyway, I see several strange numbers in the mediainfo including stream size and others. Will keep on digging on this one. It’s got my curiosity up. :wink:

just tried VLC on the MacBook … same result as using Infuse. Interesting.

because I can, tried TK Player … subtitles work fine. Screenshot of the audio/subtitle list

I don’t know for a fact but that player could be using the Apple player with their own skin on it.

There is a windows version also so maybe not … both FREE at the bottom of this page

https://www.tuneskit.com/download.html

there also have a subtitle extractor on that page, again free … used that to create an .SRT file for the subtitle that Infuse does not display. May add it via Infuse to see what happens.

4mb limit only gets a few seconds.

Handbrake can select the subtitle track

and then a Preview displayed the subtitles

I added the Handbrake file to the Infuse library and shazam … the subtitles are there.

While this is good, there is no way to run 100’s of movies through Handbrake to get Infuse to recognize the subtitle track.

Quicktime and Handbrake both have no problems with subtitles. To me, this is a problem with Infuse.

Does anyone from FIRECORE ever respond/fix anything using these threads?

Created a support case also, nothing much happening with that either.

It looks like at least a few of these tracks are EIA subtitles, which are not currently supported.

This is something we hope to add support for in the future, and you can follow this thread for updates.

Just great. Quicktime is they way to go then and cast the movie to the Apple TV box.

Guess I don’t need Infuse until this is supported for the hearing impaired to watch the movies.

Time to cancel my subscription.

| james staff
December 14 |

• | - |

It looks like at least a few of these tracks are EIA subtitles, which are not currently supported.

This is something we hope to add support for in the future, and you can follow this thread for updates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.