Dolby Atmos metadata tags

I support this , hopefully soon will be addressed ?

And again, not until you click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

@james if Firecore doesn’t have a licensing deal to display logos for specific formats of Spatial Audio, could you instead simply display Apple’s Spatial Audio logo (see below) on the movie/show overview page or even just the words “Spatial Audio” next to where it says DV/HDR/etc for media containing spatial audio tracks compatible with Infuse/Apple?

As an aside, it similarly could be cool to see Apple’s lossless logo (see below) in the same way for media containing TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, FLAC, ALAC, and/or LPCM.

7 Likes

Just also adding my support for this. It’s definitely possible because the open source tool MediaInfo can identify Atmos (both TrueHD and DD+) from quickly scanning a file.

I’m not sure if Infuse should communicate TrueHD Atmos audio (it wont output that anyway due to well known tvOS limitations) but for the increasing number of of DD+ Atmos movies in my library, it would be nice to be able to identify them.

Not sure what Infuse uses for the detection.

But with the latest ffmpeg 6.1 they added support for atmos detection

E.g.

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: eac3 (Dolby Digital Plus + Dolby Atmos), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 640 kb/s (default)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Add codec/resolution logos to details

Support for Dolby Atmos metadata tags has been added in today’s 7.7.3 update. :slight_smile:

If you have existing Dolby Atmos videos you would like to see tags for, you can use the ‘Edit Metadata’ feature to refresh the specs of a single video, or the ‘Clear All Metadata’ option to refresh detail for all videos.

Note: This is currently available for normal file shares (SMB, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, etc…) and cloud services only. Media servers like Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex do not provide sufficient details that would allow us to display Atmos tags - however the correct tags will appear during playback in the Audio Tracks menu.

I just updated, I can play with receiver Atmos tracks, shows Dolby Atmos, but I do not see any Atmos tags by movies. I updated media data to all movies.

Same. Movies with Atmos play in Atmos, shows Atmos track but Idon´t see any Atmos tag. I have a WebDAV share enable.

Are you looking for the Dolby Atmos logo or just the text tag of “Dolby Atmos 5.1”?

This is what I’m seeing.

The logos are in another suggestion that you can add your support to.

I don’t see Dolby Atmos 5.1.

What do you see on the pre-playback screen?

Edit to add: Did you do the edit metadata as recommended?

I´m looking for the text tag.

Yes, I did.
All, and tried individual as well.

Can you provide a screen cap?

I can see Dolby Atmos tag with the two test files.

Must be some differences in the files that’s stopping it from showing. Sorry but I’m going to have to defer to someone who may know what to look for. :wink:

Maybe run it through mediainfo and post the results here?

Pretty mundane update if it doesn’t work with media servers. Jellyfin does identify Atmos, btw.

1 Like

When using media servers like Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex Infuse will utilize the details provided by those servers instead of fetching its own details. Unfortunately, the specs cached by these servers (including Jellyfin) do not include details for Atmos, but should this change in the future we will definitely take advantage of this.

Here are screenshots of specs for the same file from MediaInfo compared to Jellyfin (Emby and Plex are similar). As you can see, there just isn’t enough info provide here for Infuse to identify this file as Atmos.