Where does Seas0nPass store created IPSW files?

I am having trouble jailbreaking an Apple TV running 5.2.  I have the iFaith blobs.  Seas0npass says the IPSW was successfully createed.  Error 1600 in iTunes.

I want to try restoring in iTunes again without recreating the IPSW each time.

what is the path where the custom IPSW is saved so I can point to it?

thanks!

On a PC - :/My Documents/Seas0npass/Downloads

On a Mac, no idea, if it ain’t on the deskptop I can never find anything. :smiley:

I looked in my windows folder and it didn’t save my file.

On a Mac, you can find the IPSW by going to Documents/Tether/ 

The custom one is created in users/(your usename)Library/Application support/SeasonPass/Firmware.

But this folder is invisible you have to make it visible using terminal.

This is on a Mac of Course.

To access the Library folder, while in Finder, hold Option while clicking on Go and Library will appear in the list.  Then go to Application Support/Seasonpass/Firmware

Hallo,

on Win7 i have found my *.ipsw under :/My Documents/Seas0npass/Downloads

But i have a file AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_SP_Restore.ipsw
in  :/My Documents/Seas0npass/

and i have a file AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_Restore.ipsw
in the download-folder in :/My Documents/Seas0npass/Downloads

Do you know what this “SP” means in the name?
Which file i have to use when i need to restore? 

AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_SP_Restore.ipsw wasn’t downloaded it was created
AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_Restore.ipsw WAS downloaded
“SP” stands for Seasonpass, it’s the file that gets put on the ATV to jailbreak it. The one w/o the “SP” is the file Apple puts on your ATV during normal update.

OK - thank you.

Is it enough to keep the SP-File for the future - or is it better to keep the File without SP - or both?

No need to keep the one w/o the “sp”, it can be downloaded again anytime. The one with the “sp” is usefull if you ever want to jailbreak that particular ATV again. Just put your ATV in DFU mode, go into iTunes and right click the “restore” button, select that file and iTunes will re-jalibreak it to  clean 5.3.

*note: if you have a second ATV to jailbreak, keeping the one w/o the “sp” will save you from downloading it again. Also, the one with the “sp” will be overwritten unless you rename it first. Keep track of which “sp” goes with which ATV though… they are ATV specific.

I guess it doesn’t really matter where the file is because I was thinking I could take the IPSW and transfer that to a new comp so I wouldn’t have to download it again, but since the file somehow latches onto the system files and doesn’t boot unless you create the file on that new comp, it doesn’t really matter where the file is saved. Correct me if I am wrong.

Either file can be trasferred to new computer and they will work. I think you might be remembering that for a TETHERED boot, the files can’t be copied over and work.