Yadif Deinterlacing

In this mode, the video starts to slow down. Is there any way to fix this? This happens on all 1080i videos. For example, at the Depeche Mode concert: Tour of the Universe (Live in Barcelona) bluray disc.

Which Apple TV are you using? The HD versions, in my experience, are not powerful enough to do 1080i deinterlacing.

Apple TV 4K 2021

Yadif slow down even on dvd video, I noticed this many times.
This mode working bad for me I never use it.

But at the same time, Yadif gives the best video quality.
And taking into account the fact that in the new version of infuse yadif, the mode will be selected as the main one.
Therefore, it would be better to improve the work of yadif.

This depend of material, look how bad looking this video:

MOD EDIT: Invalid link removed

Yes, you don’t show it to me, but to the developers of infuse :slight_smile: But there is no video recording on the link.

Ok try test this link

1. trans_cut.mkv - Google Drive
    MrMC(auto) this sample looks better than in Infuse(auto - bad looking edges) (yadif still looks bad and slow) (IVTC looks awesome)

2. trans2_cut.mkv - Google Drive
    MrMC(auto) this sample looks better than in Infuse(auto bad looking edges in motion), (IVTC looks awesome)

3. kop_cut.mkv - Google Drive
    Infuse(auto - looks great) (yadif - looks terrible)

The Channels app has been developing a version of YADIF2x which is optimized for Apple GPUs, using Metal.framework.

We decided to open-source this work so everyone can benefit. The Metal-optimized deinterlacer is now included as part of FFmpeg, and can be used by apps like Infuse once they upgrade to the upcoming FFmpeg 5.0 release.

4 Likes