XBMC Keeps locking up

Hi guys, i’ve been trying to get my head around xbmc so that i can use it with the crystal hd card which i am getting during the week, i was running 9.11, tried to set up the IMBD metadata and the programme locked up, the wouldn’t start on reboot. tried reinstalling 9.11 still no go.

Re installed 9.04.1 and it worked but on the screen top left corner scanning for files? when you stop scanning it locks up, when you try and exit the application it locks up? :cry:

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Disco…

anyone? now 9.04.1 is missing 9.11 doesn’t load?

====================================
Howto Totally Uninstall Boxee/XBMC:

1. Open your SSH client program.
  2. At the command line prompt ($), type in the following:
    • ssh frontrow@your.appletv.ip.address.from.step.2
  3. You might be asked if you are sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no). Type yes.
  4. You will be prompted for a password. The default password is frontrow.
    • frontrow
  5. Type in the following one line at a time:
    • sudo rm -rf /Applications/Boxee.app/
    • sudo rm -rf /Applications/XBMC.app/
    • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/
    • rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/BOXEE/
    • rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/
  6. You should now reinstall Boxee/XBMC from scratch.

Please remember for your Crystal HD card to work, you need to have the XBMC svn version. The older versions does not support the Crystal HD card…

Here is another howto:

===========================================
HowTo Broadcom Crystal HD AppleTV install:

1. Ensure you are running the latest XBMC/Boxee Launcher (update through Maintenance --> Manage Plugins menu).
  2. Download the latest XBMC svn build (i.e. XBMC svn r26715) through the XBMC/Boxee --> Downloads menu.
  3. Download the Crystal HD drivers through Maintenance --> Install Extras
  4. Run Smart Installer (if not already done)
  5. Navigate to nitoTV --> Settings --> Utilities --> Kernel Extension Manager. Highlight the BroadcomCrystalHD.kext, press the right arrow and select ‘add to rc.local’.
  6. Restart the AppleTV, launch XBMC and enable the card in XBM under System --> Video --> Playback --> Render Method.
    Change “Auto” to “Crystal HD”.
  7. Enjoy 1080p playback.

These howtos were puzzled together from these forums.

Good luck!