WWDC 2020 News

Here are some highlights from WWDC 2020 that I thought might pertain to Infuse.

-AirPod pro spacial audio. This looks pretty sweet. Hopefully it can translate our existing surround files (5.1, 7.1, DD+ Atmos)
-4K AirPlay for Photos App (Finally get support for HEVC AirPlay? Just photos or other apps as well?)
-Picture in Picture everywhere. Hopefully this will extend to Infuse on tvOS too.
-Apple Silicon on Mac can install iPhone/iPad app. Good starting point for Infuse on the Mac.
-Translations? Extend to metadata/subtitles?
-In-app subscriptions extended with family sharing
-4K YouTube streaming VP9/AV1 support?
-SiriKit improvements
-Swift UI
-Local Network Device Privacy Setting

Anything I missed?

@james Hopefully there is more to this as well. Let us know if you find any other goodies with the other sessions etc going on.

Hej guys.
Is the any chance for Firecore engineers to dig into the lossless bitstream again with the tvOS 14 beta?

1 Like

Hello ! Video playback no longer works in tvOS14

I do confirm video playback on TVos 14 doesn´t work… So if you use the apple TV to watch things, don´t upgrade to TVos 14 until it´s fixed.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apple did not provide any API for bitstream previously. It would be nice if they added it but without their support Infuse won’t be able to add it. They might be able to create their own API but risk getting removed from the App Store.

I up Apple TV OS 14 but can’t play movie on infuse6

Help me plssss

Welcome to the bleeding edge of technology.

If you have a 4th gen ATV there are ways to downgrade to tvOS 13 but if you have a 5th gen ATV4K you’re stuck until the tvOS betas get the new bugs worked out.

I have Apple TV 4K

Then you’ll have to wait for Apple to sort out the bugs in the tvOS Beta.

A good reason to NEVER install the first beta of a major release if you don’t have to. :wink:

Hi, thanks for warning us. :slight_smile:

For all of you who love adventure and loaded tvOS 14 beta :smile:

There is light at the end of the tunnel and Apple willing, it’s not another train headed our way. :wink:

1 Like

Any chance tvOS14 will finally allow infuse to work with Dolby Atmos and DTSX?

Probably not with the current hardware

why’s that? I thought the current hardware already supports Dolby Atmos and even had it in infuse at one time?

Yes, we are all waiting for this.

Thank god I use my Apple TV exclusively for screensavers!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Any word on whether Infuse will support family sharing for subscriptions? It sounded like that was going to be opt-in for developers.

I’d be more willing to plonk down for a lifetime sub if it could be shared.

It can already be shared by logging into trakt.

Here is the instruction on how this is done. Make sure you follow the steps to the letter depending on which Infuse you are using be it the free version with a subscription or the one time purchase of Infuse V6 Pro.