Running Infuse Pro version 2.3
Short version of odd behavior:
- When clicking any of a variety of shows on an iPad 2 (iOS 7.1.1), the wrong video plays.
- I've loaded several (13) feature films from a network share. All of those films are h.264 MP4 I encoded myself using Handbrake.
- I also have a collection of episodes (10) from the same show (Sesame Street). Likewise, all of those films are h.264 MP4 I encoded myself using Handbrake. These were also loaded from a network share.
- None of the shows can successfully retrieve metadata. I suspect this is a secondary problem, perhaps related to the first, perhaps not. (Metadata does not show up for the shows local on the iPad, nor when browsing the episodes on the network share. The episodes are from seasons 38, 39 and 40... has Infuse been tested with shows that have that many seasons?)
- Infuse recognizes the television episode video files as h.264 MP4.
Steps to reproduce:
- While in icon/grid view, EVERY time I click on one of the movie files, it plays the correct movie just fine (expected behavior).
- While in icon/grid view, EVERY time I click on one of the television episodes, it plays the SAME incorrect movie (unexpected behavior).
- This occurs regardless of which of the TV episodes I click; all 10 episodes play the same incorrect movie (the first one alphabetically).
- When I click "Done", the screen returns to the information for the movie that played, NOT the episode that was initially selected.
- Once this behavior is observed in icon/grid view, switching into "List View" behaves the same way (incorrectly plays the movie file when selecting any of the TV episodes).
- After quitting Infuse from the application selection screen (double-click home button), I enter back into Infuse and change the view to "List View"
- Now clicking on the TV episodes plays the correct associated video file (expected behavior).
- Everything behaves correctly until I switch back into icon/grid view. Then the wrong movie file (again, always the same movie file, the first one listed alphabetically) plays instead of the selected television episode.
Steps taken to remediate (all unsuccessful):
- Chose "Edit Metadata" for all videos on the iPad, and re-selected the correct listings from moviedb and thetvdb.
- Forced Infuse to close from application selection screen.
- Restarted iPad.