Wrong audio input data, no dolby true hd

Hello
I have,
Apple tv 4
Onkyo TX-NR555 AVR
Infuse pro.

When i watch a film with dolby true hd audio , i cannot see the real audio info on the tv screen.
I push the info button on onkyo remote to see the input and output audio infos, i see “multi ch PCM” instead of dolby True HD ( i choice this audio on ınfuse screen, i am sure )
What is the reason ?
I connect tv and Onkyo AVR with a single hdmi cable with ARC connection.
The movie was, The wizard of OZ 1939 CEE edition bluray…

Thanks.

You’re getting the best available audio quality even though it doesn’t say Dolby True HD. The ATV outputs either Stereo which is 2 channels, Dolby Digital which is up to 5.1 @ 16 bit, or the best option which is “Best Quality Available” which has an output of LPCM and is lossless up to 7.1 channels and 24 bits.

Don’t worry that your receiver shows PCM, you’re getting the HD quality.

Here’s a bit more detailed explanation. Audio Options (tvOS) – Firecore

1 Like

this is miss leading ads/marketing. you say when we purchase pro subscription we can get 24 bit Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio but we only get Multi LCPM.

You should say it Multi LCPM instead. This is marketing bull shit. I am too disappointed.

It says you get TrueHD decoding. It doesn’t state TrueHD bitstreaming. This is something you should know as the hardware does not support bitstreaming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.