Would converting MKV to MP4 be useful?

I use infuse 6 pro on AVT4K (64GB) to play MKVs sourced from my physical media.

The ATV4k and the NAS units (Lenovo IX-300D) are hardwired and speeds are high (I can do get the exact numbers if that’s useful.)

Mostly it’s perfect … but I still see the occasional dropped frames and I would like to trouble shoot this.

Is it possible that converting my MKV to MP4 would help ?

MKV vs MP4 likely won’t make a difference as Infuse is able to extract the video/audio streams from both and play them in the same way.

Are you on the 14.5 beta by chance?

Do you know if you are playing 24.000 fps content?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Yes, I am on the latest Beta with my ATV4k. I don’t know about the frame rate … I was just watching some episodes of Game of Thrones. … I kind of assume it’s 23 point something standard for the framerate.

To be specific … I may notice a frame skip once in an hour and the rest of the time is perfection. It’s not a deal breaker, … just a thing I thought maybe I could figure out.

I also have an M1 Mac Mini and have considered helping test infuse for that. I was happy to see you were crafting a version for Mac OS.

Yes, it’s likely 14.5 is causing the issue then.

In essence, 14.5 adds support for 24.000 output (in addition to 23.976). However, Infuse needs a few tweaks for this version and 23.976 output is currently unavailable. This will cause a dropped frame every now and then.

An update to address this is in the works and will be available soon.

This thread has more info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.