When will the iOS User Guide be updated to include PLEX and other features?

Wanting to know more about how to use PLEX with the Infuse app, I started looking at the online user guide for “iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4, and Apple TV 4K”. Search “Plex”…nothing.

Seems the content hasn’t been updated in quite a while and doesn’t really reflect the current product.

Are there plans to update the User Guides so they are current?

I find the lack of decent documentation very irritating. It looks like you added a few article for V1 of Infuse & then haven’t bothered since.

In most cases, streaming from Plex will work in the same fashion as a regular share (details here Streaming From a Mac, PC, or NAS – Firecore), the only real difference being you would connect using the ‘Connect to Plex’ option as opposed to selecting the share from a list of available devices.

Were there any specific areas with Plex you had questions about? If so, we can look at adding to some areas of the documentation.

We actually update and add to the guides fairly regularly, but were there any specific features you’d like to see more documentation on?

It’s not so much about having a question, but since nothing is documented, we’re left on our own and maybe we aren’t using all the features that exist, etc., since there isn’t anything to read about everything Infuse + Plex can do.

Since there isn’t a single reference to Plex in the guides (or the search function doesn’t work at all), then I’m not so sure it’s being updated “regularly”. Plex support has existed for quite some time.

Maybe not related to this thread, but I would like to know if its possible to use a Plex home user in infuse. I don’t use my main / admin account for playback. Not being able to use my Plex home user I can’t sync trakt, therefore its not a feasible solution for me.

We’ve just published a new article with a number of Plex-specific details.

This will continue to be expanded as more and more Plex related features are added in the future.

Plex Home is not yet supported, but it’s something we hope to look into for a future update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.