When using Local metadata, get movie title from the xml/nfo file and not from Internet

Hi

I recently had issues with sort by title in Favorites view, despite the fact that all my titles and filenames were correctly aligned, I concluded that Infuse keeps getting the movie titles from the Internet even though I have set it to use Local Metadata.

Infuse correctly uses local metadata and gets information from the nfo/xml files, but when it comes to the movie title to use for sorting, instead of retrieving it from the field, or field, it keeps getting it from TMDB and so gets a title that sometimes will not be correctly sorted on display.

This is particularly true for movie collections, where I like to have the movies sorted on display as for example “Star Wars 1”, followed by “Star Wars 2” etc.
So I create the field in te xml with “Star Wars 1” and “Star Wars 2”. To be safe, I also use with “Star Wars 1 - The Phantom Menace” and “Star Wars 2 - Attack of the Clones” in the nfo/xml files.

Now, if TMDB returns for example only “The Phantom Menace” as a title for the 1st movie and “Attack of the Clones” for the second, and if Infuse uses TMDB for sorting by title, these will never be sorted correctly on display.

So my suggestion is : if the user selects “Local Metadata” and “sort by title”, Infuse should :

• sort according to the field present in the xml/nfo (while displaying on screen the title contained in the field of the xml/nfo)
  • if field is not present, Infuse should use the field as the movie title for sorting and displaying
  • If none of these is present, only then should Infuse get the sort title from TMDB.

Hoping my point is clear enough despite this long post :wink:

@James, does it make sense to you ?

Thanks