When trying to boot tethered, Seas0nPass reports it as being an untethered version (which it should not be)

Hi

I JB’ed my ATV earlier this day using the 5.2.1 version. Everywhere I can read the 5.2.1 version is still only tethered, so I got quite a bit puzzled when trying to boot tethered and Seas0nPass reports the following to me “The AppleTV2,1_5.2_10B144b firmware is untethered and does not require this process!”.

As far as I can see here http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3418 , it should still only be tethered.

ATM, my ATV just keeps rebooting and going into black screen (which I read was what tethered boots would do when they hadn’t been, well, tethered yet).

Anyone else experienced this?

The message you quote is referencing the 5.2 firmware version, and not the 5.2.1 version. The 5.2 version IS an untethered jailbreak. Are you sure you did the jailbreak to 5.2.1?

Hmm, that would be weird, when I try to right-click and select the 5.2 version it will say “Sorry :frowning: This Apple TV is not eligible for this version.”, so I assumed it had to be the 5.2.1 version.

Anyways, if it’s the 5.2 version that’s apparently been installed anyways, do you know what might cause the problem with booting? Specifically it:

• Boots up, shows the apple logo
  • Stays there for a bit
  • goes into black screen for a while
  • repeats the process

Also, I had to put my Apple TV into DFU mode before starting the “Create IPSW” process, don’t know if that could be a problem also? That was my only workaround to Seas0nPass crashing everytime I had to put it into DFU mode (which it oddly didn’t used to do).