What options do I have?

I’ve been googling for good part of last 30 mins, and still am utterly confused, so I’m hoping you guys can point me in the right direction (if there is ANYTHING that can be done).

Currently, my ATV2 is 5.1 (using tethered booting). I bought it from eBay, so I don’t have anything saved (ie: “blobs” “SHSH”, etc whatever those are, for previous firmware versions).

I’d LOVE to downgrade to 4.4.4 if I can, but apparently I cannot since Apple is no longer “signing” that version, correct?

I’d love to downgrade to some version prior to 4.4.4, for a couple of reasons - one of reason being that it’s untethered (convenient), plus another convenience: rebooting directly to XBMC, bypassing ATV2 menu.

Possible? Or am I shit outta luck?

There is no way to downgrade to a untethered boot unless you already have blobs for that release on that device.

That’s exactly the answer I was hoping not to get :slight_smile: Just needed confirmation, that’s all.

Would you happen to know if there’s any scripts that boots ATV2 directly to XBMC out there that works on iOS 5.1? Or if any is currently being worked on?