What is available and is not for the Beta...

I am really confused when trying to sort out what is currently available and what is not in the Beta version and would really appreciate some sort of clarification on what is currently not possible to do.

Installation was easy enough and I look forward to a non-tethered boot but even tethered isn't a big deal at all seas0npass works great.  Last.fm installed no problem, Couch Surfer did to, but low and behold I was not able to get Hulu to work because of the version of Adobe Flash installed on aTV Flash or Couch Surfer.  Here is where things get confusing.

According to http://support.firecore.com/entries/259320-enabling-adobe-flash this post you can enable Adobe Flash on the aTV but it doesn't say which version it is referring to.  The post is from September which has me thinking maybe it will work for aTV Flash Beta.  Is this true or completely futile, clarification is definitely needed.

Also, when looking at the features list there is a whole slew of things we are most certainly not included under the Maintenance menu, just one example, Boxee.  Can you please provide a list of those things which are already implemented and those which are still waiting.  I hate to think maybe I'm just missing some set of instructions to install Boxee via the command line or enable Adobe Flash.  If they can be done please say so and provide the links to instructions.

Thanks.

*bump*

I'd really like to know if / when it will be possible to enable Adobe Flash.  Watching Hulu on the ATV is a MUST.

[quote="figzz"]

*bump*

I'd really like to know if / when it will be possible to enable Adobe Flash.  Watching Hulu on the ATV is a MUST.

[/quote]

me too. i was wondering why i didn't get the streaming possibility or anything  else :-

Current features of the beta can be seen here: http://firecore.com/atvflash-black

Everything above the 'fold' is currently included, other 'coming soon' features are listed under the 'see what else we're working on' section.

I am interested in the "much,much,more"

Any hope for Video TS support on external drives? Possible time frame? Thanks!

VIDEO_TS support yes, though the jury is still out with regard to external USB hard drives.

For the foreseeable future streaming (from NAS or Mac/PC) will be the way to go.

You are looking at support pages for aTV Flash orginal version, which is completely different than aTV Flash (black).  Most of the things you are looking for are not yet ported to ATV2.  I suppose there will be apps for all these things eventually; we just have to be patient, or learn enough to develop these apps ourselves.  I'm not that smart (yet) How about you?

[quote="andrel.5258"]

[quote=figzz]

*bump*

[/quote]

me too. i was wondering why i didn't get the streaming possibility or anything  else :-

[/quote]

We need adobe flash...the browser is useless without it..

[quote="thedamner"] According to http://support.firecore.com/entries/259320-enabling-adobe-flash this post you can enable Adobe Flash on the aTV but it doesn't say which version it is referring to.  The post is from September which has me thinking maybe it will work for aTV Flash Beta.  Is this true or completely futile, clarification is definitely needed.

[/quote]

That knowledge base article applies to ATV1 - look at the header.   As far as I know there is no Flash support currently available for ATV2.