Weather Plugin

Everytime I try to add Weather Name or location it crashes FrontRow on MacMini 2010 unibody. Can you help?

Same with me on a MBP: just testing before moving to my Mini.

Regards,
David

Same here on Mac Mini.

Brett C

This is a known bug and the developer is working on it. The quick fix for me was manually editing the plist file to add my city and zip. It is located in your home folders

/Library/Application Support/Weather/Weather.plist

I am not 100% sure but this quick fix may only work in the United States. Below is a copy of my Weather.plist file. Hope this helps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>location</key>
<string>95014</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>Cupertino</string>
<key>units</key>
<string>f</string>
</dict>
<key>2</key>
<dict>
<key>location</key>
<string>73162</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>Oklahoma City</string>
<key>units</key>
<string>f</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

This is a known issue that has been fixed on this end.  We're planning to have an updated version of MiRow available shortly with this, as well as a few other issues fixed.

Sorry for the trouble.

I managed to finally get the weather working on my powerPc by downloading the latest version 1.01 update.

Then I looked up the default code for Amsterdam which is listed as NLXX0002

Opened up Safari, went to yahoo weather and typed in Amsterdam, it brought up a webpage with Amsterdam-727232, I went to view->view source and searched for the code " NLXX0002", it found it there, so I copied the line before that.

Went back into Yahoo weather, typed in Melfort, SK it loaded the weather, went to view page source in Safari and searched for the same line code, it pulled up CAXX0706

I can now view weather from places in CANADA!

Version 1.01 works well on the mac mini powerpc.

Thanks!