These days, me and my friends watch movies remotely (not only due to covid but since we’re scattered in different places), so I generally do an Infuse Stream using discord while everyone else is on the call. Few issues with this,
- If the movie is on cloud drive, have to simultaneously download/upload movie stream.
- Infuse+Discord is unreliable when it comes to streaming, as sometimes there are audio/subtitles lags or frames dropping, despite the network being good enough.
- My friends also own the movie, but they’re forced to watch 720p 30fps, on Discord without Nitro or server boosts.
They all have infuse either on their iPhones, Macs or iPads and own the movie. It would be great, if there was a stay in sync feature with one user controlling pause and play for everyone. Don’t need chat, or audio calls, just syncing and being able to watch together would be great.
I understand there could be few challenges in this, like what if movie files are different (length for example due to regional differences, or start point is different again due to regional certificate requirements etc.) Some potential solutions for those on top of my head,
- It is onus of the user to make sure the movies and the files are same.
- While the sync feature is controlled by one user/master, the start points should be able to be modified at the beginning if there are any time differences.
I’d also assume this would probably be featured as a pro feature. It would be great if just the main controller/master is asked to be a pro user and not everyone, else that might make it difficult. Let me know what everyone thinks regarding this, and anything I might’ve not thought about.