View and select audio/subtitle tracks on video details page

I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Thanks mate.

As someone who unfortunately has to have subtitles, it would be nice to view this information at a quick glance.

1 Like

Would like to see the ability to select the audio and/or subtitle track to play PRIOR to hitting play on a movie or TV show. Plex has this capability and Emby & Jellyfin does as well. This will allow the user to not have to select these choices while the media is playing…which is (in my opinion) kind of annoying.

1 Like

I moved your post to an already running request for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

I would greatly appreciate the feature, too.

Arguably it might perhaps be also beneficial to allow the user to select just a couple of languages he is interested in; in this case, the other audio/subtitle languages would not be shown to decrease the screen clutter.

I think it would be a nice feature if the details page would contain the info about the available languages in a short and precise way (maybe a short tag like eng for English etc. or maybe even a little flag).

I think this feature could be useful for some users as for example my parents won’t watch an English only movie because it’s too stressful for them and they are used to watch movies in German. For them it would be useful to see if a movie in our library is available in their native language without starting the movie in the first place.

This feature could work in different ways, for example it could only be displayed if there are multiple languages available to avoid redundant information. It could of course also be made an opt-in option via the settings.

1 Like

Hi, I think would be better if there was an option to view the available subtitles in details view, without the need to play the video (like in emby and Plex). Also the ability to download before starting video.