Video playing "jerkily"

Hello,
I have some issues just with certain files. They play in jerks and eventually get stucked (the video does, the audio plays correctly). This happens regardless of file size, so I don’t know what this may depend on. Any ideas?

Are these HEVC (h.265) videos by chance?

Improved support for HEVC will be available in 5.6, which will be out this fall alongside iOS/tvOS 11.

Yes, they are. Waiting for new release then. Thank you!

I just happened to have the same problem with certain mp4 videos.
We have ATV4 and Infuse Pro.
*** Video Track Parameters ***

• Format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
  • Bitrate: Max.: — / Average: 3 340 Kbps / Min.: —
  • Frame rate (fps): Max.: 100.000 / Average: 25.000 / Min.: 5.000
  • Encoding profile: Main@L3.1
  • Image size: 1280*720
  • Pixel Aspect Ratio: Undefined
  • Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9
  • Interlacing: Progressive

Another video with the same symptom:
*** Video Track Parameters ***

• Format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
  • Bitrate: Max.: — / Average: 447 Kbps / Min.: —
  • Frame rate (fps): Max.: — / Average: 23.976 / Min.: —
  • Encoding profile: Main@L3.0
  • Image size: 640*360
  • Pixel Aspect Ratio: Undefined
  • Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9
  • Interlacing: Progressive

A strange thing is that those videos play fine in Infuse Free.
Only Infuse Pro is affected.
So why is it so?

Hmm, can you send us a report from your device so we can look further into this?

One other thing to check is that the refresh rate of your videos matches the Setting on the Apple TV. This can be adjusted in Settings > Audio & Video > TV Resolution. For example, the first video listed about is 25fps, so you want to ensure your Apple TV is set output 50Hz.

Do you know if there’s going to be a new 4k apple tv to go with tvOS11 and h.265 hardware support??

It would be surprising if we didn’t see a 4K Apple TV this year, but Apple is the only one who really knows.

I did send a report and I also sent a video file but I have not heard from you since then.

We’re currently looking into your case, as well as a few others that we believe are related. We hope to have more news soon.