Video image preview when scrubbing through video

It would be great if Infuse supported video image preview when scrubbing through video like most other tvOS apps.

5 Likes

+1

+1

+1

infuse integrates very nicely into the apple tv with its interaction and design language. it almost feels like a first party app. the movie presentation with artworks and metadata feels like you are browsing netflix or one of the stores, although being faster and more responsive, thanks to some nice caching.

it would be great if this experience could also be applied to playback and scrubbing. the small preview images with apples playhead give a lot of orientation. without them scrubbing becomes quite random. as viewer one might not know at which point in time a specific scene is. also after having fallen asleep, scrubbing with previews quickly allows to continue to watch. without previews this is almost impossible, especially if tv show episodes have been playing continuously.

i understand that it might not be trivial to generate the previews, especially because of streaming. but maybe infuse could do some clever caching here aswell. when starting a movie it could download the complete file from the network in the background. from there it could generate the previews. the cache would also allow for very responsive seeking, as no more streaming would be involved after some minutes of playback. i assume there is enough free space on apple tvs discs to allow to cache at least one movie at a time.

looking forward to great improvments. keep up the good work and thanx.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Be patient! It’s already in the works :slight_smile:

It appears that the last poster before you is being patient since their post is over a year old. :wink:

1 Like

Oh I see ???

This has been added in 5.8, which will be available soon. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.