Video Freezing

Hi Support

I’m having trouble with my mkv files which I have ripped from blu-ray.

I’ve seen on the forum people have had the same issue in the past and upgrading seemed to help them.

I’m on an iPad Pro 9.7" with the latest version of infuse.

Whenever I play one of my encoded mkv’s the picture will freeze for a second then speed up to catch up with the audio which continues to play.

From memory the bit rate is either 9,000 or 12,000 but I can’t be certain at this time as I’m currently on a train without access to the files.

The Audio is Dolby 5.1

Any help would be appreciated. This only happens on my files not those sourced from elsewhere.

Many Thanks

Dave

Is this still an issue for you in 5.2?

If so, is it happening with all files or just a few?

Mostly with 1080p / x265:

• still stutters: Sherlock.S04E01.The.Six.Thatchers.1080p.HDTV.HEVC.2CH.x265.mkv (eg around 30:00)
  • still stutters: Westworld.S01E02.Chestnut.1080p.WEBRip.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA.mkv

With 1080p / x264 it will sometimes drop frames, but video doesn’t freeze for seconds.

I am not sure that mentioning those file names is all that helpful. Are you expecting developers to “obtain” those files that are unauthorised copies?

Hi James

Fingers crossed 5.2 seems to have worked. I watched on of my blu-ray rips today and freeze free :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply and the awesome app!

Dave

Great! :smiley: