Video does not play from UPNP

Hi,

I have an Apple TV 4K and also a Synology NAS. I can list the videos from Infuse through UPnP, but when I try to play, I see an spinning wheel until the error. This happens when Apple TV 4K is using ethernet cable, but when it used Wi-Fi works fine.

I tried with different switch and cables and it’s not an issue related with hardware.

Best Regards,
Abel

First thing that comes to mind is your router may have different settings for WiFi vs Ethernet. I’d say look at priority and streaming prefs for the router if they have them.

Second, and maybe more important, why use UPnP? You’re missing out on many of the benefits of Infuse. You won’t be able to use the Library and many of the options in Infuse aren’t available with UPnP or DLNA connections.

With a Synology NAS you can set up a SMB or FTP service and it works great and if you have the option of using the gigabit Ethernet you’ll have a great net connection.

Hi @NC_Bullseye, thanks for your quick answer. The most strange think is that for ethernet packets should not pass by WiFi router.

I will setup with SMB and I will test it.

Best Regards,
Abel