Vertically squished image

Hi guys

I’ve noticed some of my films and tv shows appear vertically squished, making the image look wide.  The image goes all the way to the sides, so it doesn’t look like a 16x9 to 4x3 kind of squish.  Just the top and bottom.  It doesn’t seem to be dependent upon the file type - it happens on mp4, avi and mkv.  I really have no idea whats causing it.  I will say that they all looked fine using a WDTV, and also using XBMC on the ATV2.  I guess this is limited to the beta 6 media player?   Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Sam

Just in case anyone else is having this issue, I found a workaround that makes the short & fat videos normal.  Basically, I just changed the aspect ratio on my TV from 16:9 to 4:3, which made the picture look normal - but it was small and placed in the centre of the screen.  So using the first level 'zoom' on the TV settings, it filled the screen nicely without any missing edges.

I have a Panasonic 37" LCD (720p) screen - I don't know what the settings are on other screens - but I'm sure the same method could be used.

Obviously I'd rather not have to do this forever - maybe the next update will correct it - but in the meantime, it's working ok.

Also, to the moderators - maybe this is a bug, maybe this is just incompatibility.  I apologise if this should have been posted in the regular discussion section rather than the bugs section.

Cheers

Sam

This has been fixed in 0.7 - Thanks devs!

Yay!