Using ATV 2 + Infuse 2 without Internet

Now that I have a couple new Apple TVs with Infuse 5 Pro, I have decided to take my old ATV2 (with Infuse installed) to our vacation home. This home has no internet service, but I am still able to stream movies using the following devices…

• Apple TV (2nd Gen) jailbroken
  • Infuse 2 installed onto ATV
  • AirPort Extreme (5th Gen)
  • External HDD (plugged into AirPort’s USB port)

I already have everything setup correctly. The Apple TV is connected to the AirPort Extreme though ethernet, so that it can access the media library on the USB HDD. Even though there is no Internet Service, this setup still works well, but obviously you cannot do any metadata fetching.

Obviously MP4 files can be embedded with all the correct metadata, but other formats (MKV, AVI, etc.) cannot be embedded.

I know very little about .nfo & .xml files, and even less about which is compatible with Infuse v2.

SO MY QUESTION IS: WHAT IS YOUR BEST RECOMMENDATION FOR PROVIDING LOCAL METADATA FOR EACH VIDEO FILE??

IF YOU HAD TO SETUP A SIMILAR SYSTEM, WHICH METHOD WOULD YOU USE FOR PROVIDING LOCAL METADATA?

Any advice?

@James — is this forum still running? I realize this model is out of date, but I still use it at our vacation home, so I would really like to figure out a few of the issues I’m having…