Updating To 5.0.2/5.1.1

Could someone advise the way to update to the latest jailbreakable version for ATV 2. I am currently jailbroken on a previous version and want to update to the latest jailbreakable version but dont want to update all the way to the most up to date version of iOS for ATV2 as i want to be able to jailbreak it.

Thanks

Steve

You will need the IPSW for 5.0.2 and seas0npass.

Hold Shift+Create IPSW in seas0npass and point it to the IPSW you downloaded for 5.0.2. Now the only way this is going to work is if Apple is still signing the iOS version of 5.0.2.

i followed these steps and get error message 1604 any ideas? not even sure what this error is 

Same here, I’ve tired different iTunes versions and operating systems.

Always get erro 1064.

Also tried iREB first it was not detecting DFU then it did once and still got error 1064.

I’ve also swapped out USB cables.

Any ideas?

That means you’re stuck in recovery mode. Run TinyUmbrella and click on Exit Recovery button to get it out of this mode. After that, just jailbreak it again using Seas0nPass.

mandalay thanks for the reply worked like a charm its working great now thanks again

I’ll have to try that when I get back home.

I’ve spent over 3 hours on this already haha If this works I’m flip!

Let you know how it goes when I get home.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, My ATV2 is/was running 4.4.3 and I tried the above method.  I’m having this msg: “iTunes restore Script failed; selecting IPSW in Finder…” then opens the folder where is the Firmware 5.0.2 and nothing happens.  If I manually select the firmware, iTunes opens indicating “Apple TV Recovery Mode” and has the option/button that says: Restore Apple TV.  My question is, will restore to the firmware that I manually selected or will restore to the latest firmware which I don’t want? 

I’m using iTunes 11.0.1

Thanks