Updating to 3.5.1 -REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION CHANGED!!??

I’m updating from v3.4.8 to v3.5.1 for use with Apple TV software v2.3.1. ATV Flash installation and Nito - Smart Installer installation and update went fine. Now I want to have my 500Gb USB drive be primary storage like it was during v3.4.8. So, I backed up the drive, reformatted it as MacOS Extended - Journaled and set it aside.

=I then started following the instructions on the ATV Flash Wiki regarding using the terminal and ssh to make Apple TV look at your USB hard drive as primary storage. When I entered the command in the terminal … ssh frontrow@appletv.local, I got an error message and I couldn’t go any farther. WARNING REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!! From reading it I’m assuming that it’s referencing a file on my mac that contains information about my wireless setup (Airport Express) and the IP address it had when I first installed ATV 3.4.8 a couple of months ago. However, I don’t know where that file might be, or what it’s called, or how to modify it. Hopefully one of you guys out there have experienced the issue and can help me out. The complete message from the terminal is below.

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
d4:ff:2a:d2:d5:45:23:a3:33:b6:e0:34:a9:80:d4:83.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/emoney_1/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.

NEVERMIND!!! I found a post on Apple Discussions that had the solution. Here’s the reply.

known_hosts is just a plain text file with the RSA keys of remote hosts that you have connected to previously.

Did you happen to reinstall the system or muck around with the sshd configuration on the remote machine you’re trying to connect to? Or is this perhaps a different machine with the same IP address as the machine that you have in your known_hosts?

At any rate, you can just clean out the known_hosts file and the warning will go away and allow you to connect.

Open up Terminal and do:
echo “” > .ssh/known_hosts

(note that the above is two sets of quotes)

Original Link
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5881063

For that message you have to get rid of the known_hosts file on your Mac. To do that open up Terminal and type:

rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts

That should allow you to reconnect to the Apple TV.