Update CommonMediaPlayer Issue

I’m getting “Update CommonMediaPlayer” which downloads OK but the Installation then fails with a Permissions error; “nitohelper doesn’t have the right permissions or owner” Anyone come across this or know of a fix ?

hi there!
same here. CMP-framework installed properly and is working, but the 5.1 option is greyed out.
I posted the issue at hackintosh so I hope we get info about this from nito.
cheers
Winmann

there you go:
http://www.hackint0sh.org/showthread.php?p=499995&posted=1#post499995

It’s not that I don’t get 5:1 options, it’s that it fails to install/update at all … the error is “nitoHelper doesn’t have the right Permissions or owner”

I tried the “fix” on that URL

sudo mount -uw /
sudo mkdir -p /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL
sudo chown -R frontrow:frontrow ~/Library/Frameworks
rm -rf ~/Library/Frameworks/CommonMediaPlayer.framework/
killall Finder

but it makes no difference :frowning:

deleting cmp-framework in ~/Library/Frameworks and no(!) finder reboot did it for me.

Ok I just went in with CyberDuck and deleted the framework then ran the installer again - it worked !

Cheers

Today’s a nitoTV update is showing, download it and the Installer throws the same error “nitoHelper doesn’t have the right Permissions or owner” :sigh:

Maybe you could chmod your nitoHelper :
sudo chmod 755 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/nitoTV.frappliance/Contents/Resources/nitoHelper
sudo chmod u+s /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/nitoTV.frappliance/Contents/Resources/nitoHelper

I deleted the framework and then chmod’d the entire Frameworks folder, then ran the new installer and all worked OK.

Good suggestion on the Helper permissions will do that to.