Update aTV Flash 4.1.5 not working

I can’t get my Update for aTV Flash 4.1.5 too work. Everytime it goes threw everything fine without any hassle and even gets a succesfully installed message on AppleTV. Then I restart and no menu options show up just the normal(AppleTv) ones. Nothing off the ATV Flash options no maintenance or anything. I did update my ATV but I have 140 GB of pics and music synced and I don’t want to factory restore if I dont have too… Please help me out…

Which version of AppleTV software are you running? You can check the version in the Settings --> General --> About menu.

I’m running Apple TV software version 3.0.2.

I am having the same issue. I first updated my AppleTV to 3.0.2, then loaded the aTV Flash installer (4.1.5) and received the successful install message. After restarting, I did not see any of the aTV menus. Please advise. Thanks.

Yea… I am also having the same problem… :frowning:

Has anyone been successful? I was gonna update, but now I’ll wait until I see if it’s worked for anyone else…

We’re looking into a few reported issues relating to installing from a USB drive. Updating on the AppleTV via Maintenance --> Manage Plugins should not cause any issues.

A minor bug that can result in this behavior for some users has been fixed. The ‘fixed’ version is available for download through the My Account section.
https://www.atvflash.com/account.php

Ok thanks… Tried that and it’s working again… :smiley:

Brand New downloader here and after 2 different USB sticks and 3 tries each - I have nothing

NOTHING

Don’t even know where to go next

i have a similar problem with 415 running against 302 (or whatever the latest atv is) on a brand new atv.

the installation itself seems to go ok & on the first laaunch i am able to re-enter the wifi network settings but then the UI stops responding - the remcon doesnt work anymore (even though i can clearly see the status light on the atv respond to the key presses on the remcon!).

after a reboot it actually gets worse! … after the spalsh screen (which runs a couple of times!?) then the remcon doesnt work at all - so i cant navigate the menus :frowning: … tho’ the screen saver does kick in just fine, lol.

** SADLY the atvflash installer will not let me create a firsttime usb boot disk for version 414 bec the installer is hardwirded to check the internet for updates - so i cant ven try a downgrade! :frowning:

what’s going on?

and does atvflash installer have any telemetry that can be used to troubleshoot the status of the atv itself? (surely the devs @ atvflash practice sound engineering principles: they DO HAVE A TELEMETRY engine, correct?!?)

the screen saver

You may simply try unpairing your remote as described here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#My_Remote_Doesn.27t_Work

um, why would you link to the /accounts/ page? - that is not where downloads are stored!?

so where/what exactyly is this secret patch that fixes the installer? - why not just post a direct url?!

why not let users downgrade back to a known good configuration? (ie permit 414 to be (re) installed?)

too bad that Time Machine could not be configured to support the (system) files on an atv!?

A few issues since the upgrade

The sound effects (and I believe in some movies) in XBMC sound like they are at half volume (i’ve tried going into another movie, cranking it to max on there) but it still sounds like its barely on. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and then reinstalling the dharma version and the newest boxee - no luck. The sound in the main atv menu is also decreased. This ceased when i uninstalled xbmc/boxee

One mkv file I had that played perfectly (2.2gig) now plays only video - no audio in xbmc/boxee

Some video files in nitotv now play as if there is no longer a codec which had once been there (white noise instead of commentators on sporting event - no sound at all but perfect video)

XBMC will sometimes recognize shared folders and sometimes just states they are not connected - have tried rebooting the drive the media is on - sometimes fixes it, sometimes not

In xbmc - the scripts/apps seem to have been merged into one area but no options (justintv, theonion etc) are available at all

um, why would you link to the /accounts/ page? - that is not where downloads are stored!?

so where/what exactyly is this secret patch that fixes the installer? - why not just post a direct url?!

why not let users downgrade back to a known good configuration? (ie permit 414 to be (re) installed?)

too bad that Time Machine could not be configured to support the (system) files on an atv!?[/quote]
Each download link is personalize, so unfortunately there is not a ‘on size fits all’ link.

Here are the exact steps to locate your download link.

1. Click the My Account link near the top of any page of our site (https://www.atvflash.com/account.php).
  2. Log into your account.
  3. Locate your order in the ‘download links’ section and click ‘view’
  4. The download link will be near the bottom of the page

Are you running the 9.11 version of XBMC or the SVN Dharma builds? The 9.11 version has remained unchanged for quite some time, while the SVN versions are more bleeding edge releases and will change (adding and breaking features) on a daily basis. Your best option is to use the 9.11 version unless you have a specific reason to run the SVN version.

I have tried to download the latest version 4.1.5 again and it still presents me with issues:
No XBMC/Boxee menu and a lot of other missing aTV Flash items - looks like normal Apple TV.
Any ideas?

Need a fix ASAP
Thanks
J-SO

Need some help ASAP - update 4.1.5 not working after successfull install.
No XBMC/BOXEE or other atvFlash items. just looks like normal apple TV.
Need to fix ASAP - [color=#FF0000]please help.[/color]Thans
J-SO

You may try re-formating your USB drive and reinstalling.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#My_Flash_Drive_No_Longer_Works_After_Installing_aTV_Flash

Hi - as always, a dumb question. Is this downloaded and put onto a usb and put on the atv thru that? Will that affect any content or settings I already have on there or is it just a user specific patch of some sort?

2 - I did move back to xbmx previous version (i had downloaded Dharma) as you suggested and my issues were resolved. Does the fixed version allow for dharma to work or should I just leave the download and stick with this for now?

Thanks again