Update Apple TV playback UI

Since it’s not listed in the upcoming features and James moved it to the suggestions forum I’d guess that it’s not currently on the short list and they are looking for interest from users by placing it in the suggestions forum.

It’s a great idea, I would like to have the thumbnails of the chapters

Hey @James, any comment on this please? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any news on this, @james ?

We may look into a redesign at some point, but no ETA right now.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Bring back) Support for native tvOS video player

That would be great !

NO ETA = NO THANKS, we’re not interested on this but we are not brave enough to admit it.

Posting here just to keep this thread alive. From what I gather, using the actual video player provided by Apple will not be feasible provided that it does not support all formats.

Now Infuse could invest into changing the UI of their current player to “match” the Video Player from Apple but then we all know it won’t be 1:1 and could lead to more dissatisfaction. Rather, I would say why don’t we focus on what is it about the new player that we like and discuss that so that Infuse can focus on those areas more.

For me as an example, I like to have Chapters and their thumbnails visible for me to choose from and go to.

1 Like

Chapters and their thumbnails would be nice.

1 Like

Let’s start with the basic features… smart collections for both Movies & TV SHOWS, trailers, watchlist, sorting per individual home list. Some features are available for cloud syncs but NOT for Plex users! Seems like Plex users are not counted for in updates and new features.

Would be nice to have chapters etc, but Infuse have to prioritise some key features which are requested since 5 years :wink:

Plex users get a lot of exclusive options too, like play version and skip intro. But I would recommend adding support to existing threads or adding new ones for items not related to the playback UI

1 Like

I would love for Infuse to adopt the native video player quick menu. It would be faster and more dynamic to change audio, subtitles and playback speed.

2 Likes

Thats not quite true, Apple have included an api for the Player UI so apps can continue using their own players in the style of the new one…

1 Like

Unfortunately the devs seem to have little to no interest in updating the outdated UI.

They’re too busy in fixing and “improving” their own player week after week after week…

Even stubborn Netflix updated the player back in April.

1 Like

Infuse makes a lot of fuzz about new updates but actually if you look into these, they are nothing new considering we live in 2022. Infuse makes 1 step forward snd 5 back. They are more interested to introduce a suggestion row on home screen but even this one is based on no data or anything. But he, this request will be added as planned and wait for more than 5 years. Apologies that I sound very sarcastic but unfortunately this is my experience with Infuse. A lot of fuzz about new releases but it’s every time except for this and that.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Default audio boost

Please consider, the current playback interface does not coordinate with Apple TV.

Why nobody care about this?

Well, the users care - I’m sure we’d all appreciate an updated UI.

It’s the devs - they don’t seem to care at all, or they just don’t have the skills.